Old 02-20-2010, 06:35 AM
Hazel Russman

Default Error in building gegl-0.1.2

This package has a fatal code error as follows:

.libs/gegl-paint.o: In function `gegl_view_repaint':
gegl-paint.c.text+0x8e8): undefined reference to `gtk_widget_get_allocation'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

--
Hazel Russman <hazel_russman@yahoo.co.uk>

Old 02-22-2010, 03:51 PM
Thomas Penteker

* Hazel Russman (hazel_russman@yahoo.co.uk) wrote:
> This package has a fatal code error as follows:
>
> .libs/gegl-paint.o: In function `gegl_view_repaint':
> gegl-paint.c.text+0x8e8): undefined reference to `gtk_widget_get_allocation'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Which gtk version do you have installed? (your User-Agent header suggests it's
outdated)

Please provide me with more than this one error line (i.e. include the
g(cc|++) call that causes this error).

regards, Thomas

--
My pony-tail hit the on/off switch on the power strip.

Old 02-22-2010, 09:35 PM
Thomas Penteker

* Hazel Russman (hazel_russman@yahoo.co.uk) wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 17:50:30 +0100
> Thomas Penteker <tek@serverop.de> wrote:
>
> > Which gtk version do you have installed? (your User-Agent header suggests it's outdated)
> >
> Here are what I think are the relevant lines from gtkversion.h:
>
> #define GTK_MAJOR_VERSION (2)
> #define GTK_MINOR_VERSION (16)
> #define GTK_MICRO_VERSION (6)
> #define GTK_BINARY_AGE (1606)
> #define GTK_INTERFACE_AGE (6)

Your GTK installation is outdated.

I have

,---- [ /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtkversion.h ]

| /* compile time version
| */
`----

Please upgrade and then try to build gegl again.

--
vapors from evaporating sticky-note adhesives

Old 02-22-2010, 09:57 PM
Hazel Russman

Done! It works now. Thanks a lot.

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 23:35:22 +0100