Old 11-24-2009, 02:59 PM
Vitaly Sinilin

Default pkgmk work dir on noexec fs

Hi,

Today I faced a problem with pkgmk. Building failed with "/bin/sh: bad
interpreter: Permission denied". Actually it seems obvious, but maybe
it makes sense to add a note regarding that into the CRUX handbook in
order to save someone's time. I mean that pkgmk work dir shouldn't be on
a filesystem mounted with noexec flag, since most ports use scripts
during building process.

Regards
--
Vitaly Sinilin <vs@kp4.ru>

Old 11-24-2009, 05:17 PM
Jose V Beneyto

Hi,
Vitaly Sinilin wrote:

Today I faced a problem with pkgmk. Building failed with "/bin/sh: bad
interpreter: Permission denied". Actually it seems obvious, but maybe
it makes sense to add a note regarding that into the CRUX handbook in
order to save someone's time. I mean that pkgmk work dir shouldn't be on
a filesystem mounted with noexec flag, since most ports use scripts
during building process.

or maybe into the pkgmk.conf manual:

---
PKGMK_WORK_DIR='STRING'
Set directory for building packages. It shouldn't be on a filesystem
mounted with noexec flag.
Default: 'foo/work', where foo is the directory of the Pkgfile.
---

Jose V Beneyto | http://mikeux.dyndns.org

Old 11-25-2009, 07:35 AM
Danny Rawlins

Jose V Beneyto wrote:
> Hi,
> Vitaly Sinilin wrote:
>> Today I faced a problem with pkgmk. Building failed with "/bin/sh: bad
>> interpreter: Permission denied". Actually it seems obvious, but maybe
>> it makes sense to add a note regarding that into the CRUX handbook in
>> order to save someone's time. I mean that pkgmk work dir shouldn't be on
>> a filesystem mounted with noexec flag, since most ports use scripts
>> during building process.
> or maybe into the pkgmk.conf manual:
>
> ---
> PKGMK_WORK_DIR='STRING'
> Set directory for building packages. It shouldn't be on a
> filesystem
> mounted with noexec flag.
> Default: 'foo/work', where foo is the directory of the Pkgfile.
> ---
>

> Regards,

Or even use tempfs to build the ports in to gain more speed.
http://crux.nu/Wiki/HowToSpeedUpBuildingPackages

Old 12-01-2009, 09:01 AM
Lucas Hazel

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 07:35:48PM +1100, Danny Rawlins wrote:
> Jose V Beneyto wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Vitaly Sinilin wrote:
> >> Today I faced a problem with pkgmk. Building failed with "/bin/sh: bad
> >> interpreter: Permission denied". Actually it seems obvious, but maybe
> >> it makes sense to add a note regarding that into the CRUX handbook in
> >> order to save someone's time. I mean that pkgmk work dir shouldn't be on
> >> a filesystem mounted with noexec flag, since most ports use scripts
> >> during building process.
> > or maybe into the pkgmk.conf manual:
> >
> > ---
> > PKGMK_WORK_DIR='STRING'
> > Set directory for building packages. It shouldn't be on a
> > filesystem
> > mounted with noexec flag.
> > Default: 'foo/work', where foo is the directory of the Pkgfile.
> > ---
> >

> > Regards,
> >
> Or even use tempfs to build the ports in to gain more speed.
> http://crux.nu/Wiki/HowToSpeedUpBuildingPackages

Unless, of course, your tmpfs is mounted with noexec.

--
Lucas Hazel <lucas@die.net.au>