Old 11-10-2009, 08:36 PM
Wawrzyniec Niewodniczański

Default Lighttpd and symlink

Hi,

I've built lighttpd (from ports of course) and I've tried to use
symlink in it, but I cannot. I've tried both absolute and relative
paths - nothing. I've ask my friend using lighttpd and symlink works,
so I wonder if there anything specific to Crux what might stop it?

Wawrzek
--
Wawrzyniec Niewodniczański vel Wawrzek Larry or LarryN
Linux User #177124 E-MAIL: wawrzek@gmail.com

Old 11-12-2009, 10:39 PM

2009/11/10 Wawrzyniec Niewodniczański <wawrzek@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I've built lighttpd (from ports of course) and I've tried to use
> symlink in it, but I cannot. I've tried both absolute and relative
> paths - nothing. I've ask my friend using lighttpd and symlink works,
> so I wonder if there anything specific to Crux what might stop it?

I've resolved the issue. I was using chroot version of setting so it
quite obvious that symlinks wasn't work outside chrooted environment.

Wawrzek

Old 11-13-2009, 07:29 PM
Thomas Penteker

* Wawrzyniec Niewodniczański (wawrzek@gmail.com) wrote:
> I've resolved the issue. I was using chroot version of setting so it
> quite obvious that symlinks wasn't work outside chrooted environment.
> (...)

Additionally you may want to check/set the server.follow-symlink configuration
option. Details:
http://redmine.lighttpd.net/projects/lighttpd/wiki/Server.follow-symlinksDetails

kind regards, Thomas Penteker