Old 11-06-2009, 05:00 AM
acrux

Default libpcre-8.00 upgrade could break login feature

after libpcre-8.00 upgrade it's safe to recompile 'shadow' because
the login could be brocken.

Hope this helps if others had the same problems.

cheers,
n.
--
GNU/Linux on Power Architecture
CRUX PPC - http://cruxppc.org/

Old 11-06-2009, 07:22 AM
Juergen Daubert

On Fri, Nov 06, 2009 at 07:00:29AM +0100, acrux wrote:

> after libpcre-8.00 upgrade it's safe to recompile 'shadow' because
> the login could be brocken.

What do you mean with 'could be broken'? Please describe the exact
error you run into. The port shadow doesn't depend on libpcre, so
your problem might have a different reason.

regards
Juergen

--
Juergen Daubert | mailto:jue@jue.li
Korb, Germany | http://jue.li/crux

Old 11-06-2009, 03:46 PM
acrux

On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 09:22:42 +0100
Juergen Daubert <jue@jue.li> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 06, 2009 at 07:00:29AM +0100, acrux wrote:
> >
> > after libpcre-8.00 upgrade it's safe to recompile 'shadow' because
> > the login could be brocken.
>
> What do you mean with 'could be broken'? Please describe the exact
> error you run into. The port shadow doesn't depend on libpcre, so
> your problem might have a different reason.

hi Juergen,
thanks for pointing that, that's absolutely right. It was an I/O error
of my own kernel schedulers .

cheers,
-n