Old 01-20-2009, 03:06 PM
Tom Rindborg

Default inetutils & ipv6

Hi,

Having spent half the night upgrading the last (and most crucial) of my
CRUX boxes I just couldn't get the new inetd to work, it simply refused
connections. After some trouble shooting I realized that if you have ipv6
enabled (this is the only box having it, don't ask) inetd binds its
sockets in IPV6_V6ONLY mode. This was not what I expected, and certainly
not what I wanted. The solution for me was to configure with
--disable-ipv6.

Which brings me to my question: is this behavior something people in
general want, or would it be more pertinent to disable ipv6 by default?
--
Hälsningar/Best regards, Tom