Old 01-07-2009, 03:31 AM
Ruben Reyes

Default CRUX 2.5 fails to boot on vbox

Greetings,

I am trying to get CRUX 2.5 installed in Virtualbox 2.1.0 on a Windows XP host. The system boots from the ISO, but hangs at "* Loading Modules... IDE", and I get a generic "VirtualBox has encountered an error and needs to close" message. This happens on two different machines... A centrino laptop and an AMD64x2 desktop. Other OSes such as OpenSolaris, OpenBSD, and Fedora boot just fine. Any suggestions on how to correct this?

Thanks!

CRUX mailing list
CRUX@lists.crux.nu