Old 01-05-2009, 01:43 PM
Fredrik Rinnestam

Default Building a custom CRUX iso image file

On Mon, Jan 05, 2009 at 03:30:29PM +0100, Matteo Fabbri wrote:

> Building a custom CRUX iso image file (http://crux.nu/Wiki/BuildingISO)
>
> With the steps descripted is possible make a custom CRUX distribution.
> My question is if with this procedure is possible build a CRUX
> distribution for other architectures,
> same as the CRUX PPC project?

Very much so.

> I need only recompile with modified
> Makefile for my architecture
> or I need more changes? For example I want try to create a CRUX
> distribution for SPARC architecture
> or for ARM architecture.
> Thanks in advance for any help or suggestion!

You will probably come across a few ports that will not build without
patching / configuring. There may also be issues with the
build tools on the host system (old gcc, glibc etc).
linuxfromscratch.org will probably be a very good source of
documentation. You might also try #crux on freenode if you run into any
issues.

Good luck!

--

/Fredrik Rinnestam