-   -   X11 AllowEmptyInput (http://www.linux-archive.org/crux/218168-x11-allowemptyinput.html)

Wawrzyniec Niewodnicza�ski 12-25-2008 09:25 PM

X11 AllowEmptyInput

Hi,

I have had a great problem with running Xserver.It was starting fine,
but neither mouse nor keyboard was responding. After some time (and may
test with xorg.conf working with ZenWalk, Crux 2.3 as well as with no
conf file) I figured out that the "AllowEmptyInput" option is turn on
by default!
Adding
Option "AllowEmptyInput" "no"
to xorg.conf file resolve the issue.

Is is general bug of Xorg?

Wawrzek

PS.

I'm using ThinkPad T21.

--
Wawrzyniec Niewodniczański vel Wawrzek, Larry or LarryN
Linux User #177124 E-MAIL: wawrzek@gmail.com

Bartlomiej Palmowski 12-25-2008 10:01 PM

X11 AllowEmptyInput

Wawrzyniec Niewodnicza�ski wrote:

Hi,

I have had a great problem with running Xserver.It was starting fine,
but neither mouse nor keyboard was responding. After some time (and may
test with xorg.conf working with ZenWalk, Crux 2.3 as well as with no
conf file) I figured out that the "AllowEmptyInput" option is turn on
by default!
Adding
Option "AllowEmptyInput" "no"
to xorg.conf file resolve the issue.

Is is general bug of Xorg?

Wawrzek

PS.

I'm using ThinkPad T21.

I've encountered it many times on irc and internet forums (myself as well).

Fredrik Rinnestam 12-26-2008 12:22 AM

X11 AllowEmptyInput

On Thu, Dec 25, 2008 at 10:25:06PM +0000, Wawrzyniec Niewodnicza�ski wrote:

> Is is general bug of Xorg?

its not a bug. its a "feature" :)

--

/Fredrik Rinnestam