FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > CRUX > CRUX

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 12-18-2008, 06:42 PM
Tilman Sauerbeck
 
Default CRUX 2.5 released

Hi,
I'm pleased to announce the release of CRUX 2.5.

Release notes:
http://crux.nu/Main/ReleaseNotes2-5

ChangeLog:
http://crux.nu/gitweb/?p=system/iso.git;a=blob_plain;f=ChangeLog;hb=cf846757069cbd 0f164425b861dba44910e03a6d

Download:
http://crux.nu/Main/Download

Thanks:
Special thanks go to Matt "jaeger" Housh, who helped the release process
greatly by building most of the test and release candidate ISOs.

Regards,
Tilman

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
_______________________________________________
CRUX mailing list
CRUX@lists.crux.nu
http://lists.crux.nu/mailman/listinfo/crux
 
Old 12-18-2008, 06:51 PM
"Wawrzyniec Niewodniczański"
 
Default CRUX 2.5 released

2008/12/18 Tilman Sauerbeck <tilman@crux.nu>:

Hi,
> I'm pleased to announce the release of CRUX 2.5.
>

How differnt is final compare to RC2?

Wawrzek
--
Wawrzyniec Niewodniczański vel Wawrzek Larry or LarryN
Linux User #177124 E-MAIL: wawrzek@gmail.com
PhD in Quantum Chemistry WWW: http://wawrzek.name
MSc in Molecular Engineering JID: larryn@chrome.pl
_______________________________________________
CRUX mailing list
CRUX@lists.crux.nu
http://lists.crux.nu/mailman/listinfo/crux
 
Old 12-18-2008, 07:26 PM
Tilman Sauerbeck
 
Default CRUX 2.5 released

Wawrzyniec Niewodniczański [2008-12-18 19:51]:
> 2008/12/18 Tilman Sauerbeck <tilman@crux.nu>:
>
> Hi,
> > I'm pleased to announce the release of CRUX 2.5.
> >
>
> How differnt is final compare to RC2?

RC2 shipped with a broken libgmp package, which could cause GCC to die
with an internal compiler error.
See http://crux.nu/bugs/index.php?do=details&task_id=386

I suggest to update to the libgmp package that is on the CRUX 2.5 ISO.

Regards,
Tilman

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
_______________________________________________
CRUX mailing list
CRUX@lists.crux.nu
http://lists.crux.nu/mailman/listinfo/crux
 
Old 12-18-2008, 07:53 PM
"Wawrzyniec Niewodniczański"
 
Default CRUX 2.5 released

2008/12/18 Tilman Sauerbeck <tilman@crux.nu>:
> Wawrzyniec Niewodniczański [2008-12-18 19:51]:
>> 2008/12/18 Tilman Sauerbeck <tilman@crux.nu>:
>>
>> Hi,
>> > I'm pleased to announce the release of CRUX 2.5.

>> How different is final compare to RC2?
>
> RC2 shipped with a broken libgmp package, which could cause GCC to die
> with an internal compiler error.
> See http://crux.nu/bugs/index.php?do=details&task_id=386
>
I was about to ask about this problem

Wawrzek
--
Wawrzyniec Niewodniczański vel Wawrzek Larry or LarryN
Linux User #177124 E-MAIL: wawrzek@gmail.com
PhD in Quantum Chemistry WWW: http://wawrzek.name
MSc in Molecular Engineering JID: larryn@chrome.pl
_______________________________________________
CRUX mailing list
CRUX@lists.crux.nu
http://lists.crux.nu/mailman/listinfo/crux
 
Old 12-19-2008, 08:14 AM
"James Mills"
 
Default CRUX 2.5 released

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 8:07 PM, Hannes Mayer <kontakt@ecarux.de> wrote:
> I ve also finished my 64bit version.
>
> http://mayer-cs.de/download/ecarux/crux86_64-2.5.iso
>
> More Informations: http://ecarux.de/crux86_64

I have a VPS running form an initial 64bit install of
CRUX 2.5 from a week or so ago (prior to this final
release).

Should I just download/mount the ISO and pkgadd -r *
all the ports ?

cheers
James
_______________________________________________
CRUX mailing list
CRUX@lists.crux.nu
http://lists.crux.nu/mailman/listinfo/crux
 
Old 12-19-2008, 09:07 AM
Hannes Mayer
 
Default CRUX 2.5 released

I ve also finished my 64bit version.

http://mayer-cs.de/download/ecarux/crux86_64-2.5.iso

More Informations: http://ecarux.de/crux86_64

regards,
Hannes


Am Donnerstag 18 Dezember 2008 20:42:04 schrieb Tilman Sauerbeck:
> Hi,
> I'm pleased to announce the release of CRUX 2.5.
>
> Release notes:
> http://crux.nu/Main/ReleaseNotes2-5
>
> ChangeLog:
> http://crux.nu/gitweb/?p=system/iso.git;a=blob_plain;f=ChangeLog;hb=cf84675
>7069cbd0f164425b861dba44910e03a6d
>
> Download:
> http://crux.nu/Main/Download
>
> Thanks:
> Special thanks go to Matt "jaeger" Housh, who helped the release process
> greatly by building most of the test and release candidate ISOs.
>
> Regards,
> Tilman

_______________________________________________
CRUX mailing list
CRUX@lists.crux.nu
http://lists.crux.nu/mailman/listinfo/crux
 
Old 12-19-2008, 05:19 PM
Fredrik Rinnestam
 
Default CRUX 2.5 released

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 11:07:59AM +0100, Hannes Mayer wrote:
> I ve also finished my 64bit version.
>
> http://mayer-cs.de/download/ecarux/crux86_64-2.5.iso
>
> More Informations: http://ecarux.de/crux86_64
>
> regards,
> Hannes
>

Please ask for commit privileges for atleast opt-x86_64 on crux.nu. It
would be nice if we could get an official 64bit-port out the door asap.

--

/Fredrik Rinnestam
_______________________________________________
CRUX mailing list
CRUX@lists.crux.nu
http://lists.crux.nu/mailman/listinfo/crux
 
Old 12-20-2008, 06:46 AM
"James Mills"
 
Default CRUX 2.5 released

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 4:19 AM, Fredrik Rinnestam <fredrik@obra.se> wrote:
> Please ask for commit privileges for atleast opt-x86_64 on crux.nu. It
> would be nice if we could get an official 64bit-port out the door asap.

I concur.

cheers
James
_______________________________________________
CRUX mailing list
CRUX@lists.crux.nu
http://lists.crux.nu/mailman/listinfo/crux
 
Old 12-20-2008, 10:24 AM
jakub samek
 
Default CRUX 2.5 released

hi, the iso image seems corrupted, please, can you provide valid md5sum?

for example, the patch in the kernel folder cannot be read.

thanks, jakub samek




I ve also finished my 64bit version.

http://mayer-cs.de/download/ecarux/crux86_64-2.5.iso




_______________________________________________
CRUX mailing list
CRUX@lists.crux.nu
http://lists.crux.nu/mailman/listinfo/crux
 
Old 12-20-2008, 05:48 PM
Hannes Mayer
 
Default CRUX 2.5 released

Am Samstag 20 Dezember 2008 12:24:10 schrieb jakub samek:
> hi, the iso image seems corrupted, please, can you provide valid md5sum?
>
> for example, the patch in the kernel folder cannot be read.
>
> thanks, jakub samek
>

Oh, Sorry... trouble with the server at the moment.
will fix it at the weekend.


> >I ve also finished my 64bit version.
> >
> > http://mayer-cs.de/download/ecarux/crux86_64-2.5.iso

_______________________________________________
CRUX mailing list
CRUX@lists.crux.nu
http://lists.crux.nu/mailman/listinfo/crux
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 06:53 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org