Old 12-11-2008, 04:22 PM
Tilman Sauerbeck

Default CRUX 2.5-rc2 available now

Hi,
the second release candidate for CRUX 2.5 is available now.

Release notes:
http://crux.nu/Main/ReleaseNotes2-5

ChangeLog:
http://crux.nu/gitweb/?p=system/iso.git;a=blob_plain;f=ChangeLog;h=3ba708679c51ab1 c7ba2f57570f294f1d057f06b

Download:
http://crux.nu/Main/Download

We expect this to be the last RC for CRUX 2.5, so please give it a try
and report any problem you might find.

Thanks,
Tilman

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Old 12-12-2008, 12:13 PM
"clare johnstone"

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 5:22 PM, Tilman Sauerbeck <tilman@crux.nu> wrote:
> Hi,
> the second release candidate for CRUX 2.5 is available now.
>
> Release notes:
> http://crux.nu/Main/ReleaseNotes2-5
>
> ChangeLog:
> http://crux.nu/gitweb/?p=system/iso.git;a=blob_plain;f=ChangeLog;h=3ba708679c51ab1 c7ba2f57570f294f1d057f06b
>
> Download:
> http://crux.nu/Main/Download
>
> We expect this to be the last RC for CRUX 2.5, so please give it a try

Please give just a little more help, I would like to try it, but where is it?

thank youi
clare

Old 12-12-2008, 12:19 PM
"Andrew Brouwers"

> Please give just a little more help, I would like to try it, but where is it?
>
> thank youi
> clare

Hi Clare,

Try here:

http://crux.nu/~jaeger/tmp/crux-2.5-rc2.iso

Best wishes,
Andrew

Old 12-12-2008, 03:12 PM
Tilman Sauerbeck

Andrew Brouwers [2008-12-12 08:19]:
> > Please give just a little more help, I would like to try it, but where is it?
> >
> > thank youi
> > clare
> >

> Hi Clare,
>
> Try here:
>
> http://crux.nu/~jaeger/tmp/crux-2.5-rc2.iso

Aww, poor little crux.nu.

The ISO is propagating to our mirrors as we speak.
Try the master mirror at ftp://code-monkey.de/pub/crux/crux-2.5

Thanks for testing

Regards,
Tilman

The ISO is propagating to our mirrors as we speak.
Try the master mirror at ftp://code-monkey.de/pub/crux/crux-2.5

Thanks folks, the mirror is working
cheers,
clare

Old 12-14-2008, 12:18 AM
"Clare Johnstone"

> On Fri, 12 Dec 2008, Tilman Sauerbeck wrote:
>
>> Andrew Brouwers [2008-12-12 08:19]:
>>> Try here:
>>
>> Aww, poor little crux.nu.

Currently bogged down trying to get X to work,
not assisted by having recently clobbered very
nearly the whole box. gradually recovering.

trying it in a second machine.

Only thing I notice up to now about the CD was the
handbook which talking about SATA harddisk ...Checkout
this HOWTO, seems not to have the link.

more later I hope
clare

Old 12-14-2008, 09:12 AM
Tilman Sauerbeck

Clare Johnstone [2008-12-14 10:18]:

> > On Fri, 12 Dec 2008, Tilman Sauerbeck wrote:
> >
> >> Andrew Brouwers [2008-12-12 08:19]:
> >>
> >> Aww, poor little crux.nu.
>
> Currently bogged down trying to get X to work,
> not assisted by having recently clobbered very
> nearly the whole box. gradually recovering.

Note that these days you don't need to configure every knob in
xorg.conf anymore. X can start with a partial xorg.conf or without any
xorg.conf at all (YMMV).

> trying it in a second machine.
>
> Only thing I notice up to now about the CD was the
> handbook which talking about SATA harddisk ...Checkout
> this HOWTO, seems not to have the link.

That's supposed to be a feature. URLs are stripped from the Wiki source.
At least handbook.txt now contains the full names of the referenced
HOWTOs, so you should be able to google them.

Maybe we could tweak the script that does the text export though...

Regards,
Tilman