Old 12-08-2008, 05:34 PM
Jose V Beneyto

Default virtualbox for crux 2.5

Hi,

virtualbox fails to compile for 2.5 due to gcc:
[...]
+ ./configure --disable-qt3 --with-qt4-dir=/usr/share/qt4
--disable-hardening --ose --disable-pulse
Checking for environment: Determined build machine: linux.x86, target
machine: linux.x86, OK.

Checking for kBuild: found, OK.
Checking for gcc:
** There are known problems with gcc version 4.3 when compiling the
recompiler
** stuff. You need to specify a compatibility compiler with version <
4.3. Look
** for a package compat-gcc-34 on Fedora systems or something similar
on other
** distributions and call configure with parameter
--with-gcc-compat=gcc34.

[...]

I installed contrib/gcc34 and modified the vbox port from 2.4:
http://mikeux.dyndns.org/crux/files/virtualbox-crux2.5.diff

Also I experienced some problems when the configure scripts checks for
python stuff (python2.6), I removed the check_python invocation to see
if the gcc43 error disapears, and seems it does the trick.

Suggestions are welcome. Thanks,
Jose V Beneyto