Old 12-07-2008, 10:16 PM
"James Mills"

Default httpup mirrors of core, opt, contrib, etc

Heya all,

At work I'm behind a restrictive firewall that prevents
me from using rsync. Are there mirrors for the main
repos for CRUX ? Specifically:
* core
* opt
* contrib
* xorg
* xfce

The FAQ points to cptn's page about httpup
but no mention of any mirrors at all.

cheers
James

-- "Problems are solved by method"

Old 12-08-2008, 12:47 AM
"James Mills"

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 11:40 AM, Andrew Brouwers <abrouwers@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi James,

Hi Andrew

> http://crux.nu/ports/
>
> Will that suffice?

Yes it will! Prefect I wasn't aware of this ;/

Also, Q: Is this kept up-to-dat e?

Old 12-08-2008, 12:51 AM
"James Mills"

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 11:47 AM, James Mills
<prologic@shortcircuit.net.au> wrote:
>> http://crux.nu/ports/

Also, Q: Are there .httpup files for these repos ?

It would be nice to see .httpup alternative files for these repos (not
just .rsync) on the portdb page ?

Old 12-08-2008, 03:43 PM
Tilman Sauerbeck

James Mills [2008-12-08 11:51]:
> On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 11:47 AM, James Mills
> <prologic@shortcircuit.net.au> wrote:
> >> http://crux.nu/ports/
>
> Also, Q: Are there .httpup files for these repos ?

http://crux.nu/files/core.httpup
http://crux.nu/files/opt.httpup
http://crux.nu/files/xorg.httpup
http://crux.nu/files/contrib.httpup

Regards,
Tilman

Old 12-10-2008, 05:59 AM
"Clare Johnstone"

> On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 2:43 AM, Tilman Sauerbeck <tilman@crux.nu> wrote:
>> James Mills [2008-12-08 11:51]:
>>>
>>> Also, Q: Are there .httpup files for these repos ?
>>
>> http://crux.nu/files/core.httpup
>> http://crux.nu/files/opt.httpup
>> http://crux.nu/files/xorg.httpup
>> http://crux.nu/files/contrib.httpup
Wonderful,
I was badly caught with my machine broken, and the rsync on the old 2.4 CD
would not work due to update on something it depended on. A second string
to the bow is always a good idea. Please keep this going
clare

Old 12-10-2008, 10:20 AM
"James Mills"

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 4:59 PM, Clare Johnstone
<clare@perth.dialix.com.au> wrote:
> Wonderful,
> I was badly caught with my machine broken, and the rsync on the old 2.4 CD
> would not work due to update on something it depended on. A second string
> to the bow is always a good idea. Please keep this going
> clare

Always good to have an alternative

--JamesMills

-- "Problems are solved by method"