-   -   ports -u fail (http://www.linux-archive.org/crux/196631-ports-u-fail.html)

Jose V Beneyto 11-20-2008 06:29 AM

ports -u fail

Hi,

Johannes Winkelmann wrote:

Hi Erwin,

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 23:15:56 -0800, erwin amin wrote:

Hello, I try to update system port after installation with command
ports -u, the result fail (see below).

[...]

# ports -u
Updating file list from crux.nu::ports/crux-2.4/contrib/
rsync: getaddrinfo: crux.nu 873: Temporary failure in name resolution

The hostname 'crux.nu' can't be resolved, which points to a DNS issue on
your machine. You may want to double check that.

http://crux.nu/Main/Handbook2-4#ntoc54

regards,

*** Jose V Beneyto

Danny Rawlins 11-20-2008 11:54 AM

ports -u fail

Hi,
Jose V Beneyto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Johannes Winkelmann wrote:
>> Hi Erwin,
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 23:15:56 -0800, erwin amin wrote:
>>> Hello, I try to update system port after installation with command
>>> ports -u, the result fail (see below).
>> [...]
>>
>>> # ports -u
>>> Updating file list from crux.nu::ports/crux-2.4/contrib/
>>> rsync: getaddrinfo: crux.nu 873: Temporary failure in name resolution
>> The hostname 'crux.nu' can't be resolved, which points to a DNS issue on
>> your machine. You may want to double check that.
$ host crux.nu
crux.nu has address 213.132.101.140
[...]

If that don't resolve you either have not setup networking or your
/etc/resolv.conf is incorrect or you have a firewall issue.

> http://crux.nu/Main/Handbook2-4#ntoc54
>
> regards,
> Jose V Beneyto
Regards,
Danny Rawlins

Bartlomiej Palmowski 11-20-2008 04:38 PM

ports -u fail

Hi,

Same problem here, yesterday everything was working flawlessly but
now I can't connect to http://crux.nu at all.

Regards
Bartek

"Ori Johnson" 11-20-2008 05:43 PM

ports -u fail

I'm also unable to run ports -u. Also, I am unable to reach the crux.nu
website.

This kind of looks like a DNS issue.

Did the IP address of the website change recently? Can someone send out the
IP address for the website so I can add it to my local host file.

Thanks

>> On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 23:15:56 -0800, erwin amin wrote:
>>> Hello, I try to update system port after installation with command
>>> ports -u, the result fail (see below).
>> [...]
>>
>>> # ports -u
>>> Updating file list from crux.nu::ports/crux-2.4/contrib/
>>> rsync: getaddrinfo: crux.nu 873: Temporary failure in name
>>> resolution
>> The hostname 'crux.nu' can't be resolved, which points to a DNS issue
>> on your machine. You may want to double check that.
$ host crux.nu
crux.nu has address 213.132.101.140
[...]

If that don't resolve you either have not setup networking or your
/etc/resolv.conf is incorrect or you have a firewall issue.

> http://crux.nu/Main/Handbook2-4#ntoc54
>
> regards,
> Jose V Beneyto
Regards,
Danny Rawlins

"Richard P÷ttler" 11-20-2008 11:40 PM

ports -u fail

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 1:54 PM, Danny Rawlins
<monster.romster@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jose V Beneyto wrote:
>> Johannes Winkelmann wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> The hostname 'crux.nu' can't be resolved, which points to a DNS issue on
>>> your machine. You may want to double check that.
> $ host crux.nu
> crux.nu has address 213.132.101.140
> [...]
>
> If that don't resolve you either have not setup networking or your
> /etc/resolv.conf is incorrect or you have a firewall issue.

crux.nu doesn't work for me, either, and I haven't touched my
router/config files for a long time.

bye
richi

"Ross Cameron" 11-21-2008 06:32 AM

ports -u fail

No issues at all on my side (but I'm in South Africa).

"Mauricio Faria de Oliveira" 11-21-2008 08:50 AM

ports -u fail

Ross Cameron <ross.cameron@linuxpro.co.za> wrote:
> No issues at all on my side (but I'm in South Africa).

It is working here in Brazil also. =)

Regards,
MaurÝcio

"Thomas Niebler" 11-21-2008 09:06 AM

ports -u fail

It also works here in Germany.

Did you try to use a proxy?

"Ori Johnson" 11-21-2008 11:13 AM

ports -u fail

It's
back up now.
*
Thanks
everyone! Crisis averted!
*
*
*
*

> No issues at all on my side (but I'm in South
Africa).

It is working here in Brazil also.
=)

Regards,