Old 11-20-2008, 06:15 AM
erwin amin

Default ports -u fail

Hello, I try to update system port after installation with command ports -u, the result fail (see below). I did many times (after I did the little change my configuration), but nothing change, I always get the same result "fail). Can somebody help me to figure out this?. I don't know what is wrong in my configuration.

Thanks.....
--ERWIN--

# ports -u
Updating file list from crux.nu:orts/crux-2.4/contrib/
rsync: getaddrinfo: crux.nu 873: Temporary failure in name resolution
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(104) [receiver=2.6.9]
Error: Running rsync failed ()
Updating failed
Updating file list from crux.nu:orts/crux-2.4/core/
rsync: getaddrinfo: crux.nu 873: Temporary failure in name resolution
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(104) [receiver=2.6.9]
Error: Running rsync failed ()
Updating failed
Updating file list from crux.nu:orts/crux-2.4/opt/
rsync: getaddrinfo: crux.nu 873: Temporary failure in name resolution
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(104) [receiver=2.6.9]
Error: Running rsync failed ()
Updating failed
Updating file list from crux.nu:orts/crux-2.4/xorg/
rsync: getaddrinfo: crux.nu 873: Temporary failure in name resolution
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(104) [receiver=2.6.9]
Error: Running rsync failed ()
Updating failed
# rsync -aqz cruxppc.crux.it:orts/core/2.4/ports/ ports
rsync: getaddrinfo: cruxppc.crux.it 873: Temporary failure in name resolution
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(104) [receiver=2.6.9]

Old 11-20-2008, 06:29 AM
Johannes Winkelmann

Hi Erwin,

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 23:15:56 -0800, erwin amin wrote:
> Hello, I try to update system port after installation with command
> ports -u, the result fail (see below).
[...]

> # ports -u
> Updating file list from crux.nu:orts/crux-2.4/contrib/
> rsync: getaddrinfo: crux.nu 873: Temporary failure in name resolution
The hostname 'crux.nu' can't be resolved, which points to a DNS issue on
your machine. You may want to double check that.

Hope this helps,
Johannes
--
Johannes Winkelmann mailto:jw@smts.ch