-   -   A case for httpup (http://www.linux-archive.org/crux/186325-case-httpup.html)

Mike VanRoy 11-02-2008 07:01 AM

A case for httpup

Fredrik Rinnestam wrote:

Due to boredom I had a look in my http-logs and noticed to my surprise I
had couple of 404's for my old httpup "REPO" file. I switched to rsync a
couple of weeks ago and since I didn't think anybody used any of my ports
I failed to inform any of you. Sorry about that :). Replace
"fredrik.httpup" with this file:

http://www.obra.se/crux/fredrik.rsync

I am seeing more contributers switching over to rsync, but httpup has
some advantages for the user:

1 - Maintaining a local "clc" ports system is (IMO) much simpler with
httpup.
2 - The repository page at crux.nu doesn't show details of indivual
ports, etc. with rsync repos.
3 - Some of us are behind fascist firewalls and can't get to the rsync
repo at all (not even with ssh).

Thanks,
Mike