FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > CRUX > CRUX

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 12-06-2007, 12:16 AM
"fernanbolando"
 
Default BUG: repository update libungif renamed to giflib

Hi

I am not sure if this has already been updated in the repo. I sent an
email a few weeks ago, but didn't notice the message had an address
error.

libungif has been renamed to giflib. I recently updated my my system
and found a few items was not able to compile due to a missing libungif.

thanks all for CRUX.

fernan


_______________________________________________
CRUX mailing list
CRUX@lists.crux.nu
http://lists.crux.nu/mailman/listinfo/crux
 
Old 12-06-2007, 09:02 AM
Tilman Sauerbeck
 
Default BUG: repository update libungif renamed to giflib

fernanbolando [2007-12-06 09:16]:
> libungif has been renamed to giflib. I recently updated my my system
> and found a few items was not able to compile due to a missing libungif.

The old giflib page (http://www.catb.org/~esr/giflib/) links to
libungif though

I solved the problem by uploading libungif-4.1.4.tar.gz on crux.nu.

Regards,
Tilman

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
_______________________________________________
CRUX mailing list
CRUX@lists.crux.nu
http://lists.crux.nu/mailman/listinfo/crux
 
Old 12-06-2007, 03:57 PM
Brett Goulder
 
Default BUG: repository update libungif renamed to giflib

On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 11:02:08 +0100
Tilman Sauerbeck wrote:

> fernanbolando [2007-12-06 09:16]:
> > libungif has been renamed to giflib. I recently updated my my
> > system and found a few items was not able to compile due to a
> > missing libungif.
>
> The old giflib page (http://www.catb.org/~esr/giflib/) links to
> libungif though
>
> I solved the problem by uploading libungif-4.1.4.tar.gz on crux.nu.
>
> Regards,
> Tilman
>

http://sourceforge.net/projects/giflib/ is the new project page for
libungif/giflib.

--
~predatorfreak
GnuPG Public key: http://pred.dcaf-security.org/dcafsec-pub-gpgkey.asc
_______________________________________________
CRUX mailing list
CRUX@lists.crux.nu
http://lists.crux.nu/mailman/listinfo/crux
 
Old 12-06-2007, 04:05 PM
Tilman Sauerbeck
 
Default BUG: repository update libungif renamed to giflib

Brett Goulder [2007-12-06 11:57]:
> On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 11:02:08 +0100
> Tilman Sauerbeck wrote:
>
> > fernanbolando [2007-12-06 09:16]:
> > > libungif has been renamed to giflib. I recently updated my my
> > > system and found a few items was not able to compile due to a
> > > missing libungif.
> >
> > The old giflib page (http://www.catb.org/~esr/giflib/) links to
> > libungif though
> >
> > I solved the problem by uploading libungif-4.1.4.tar.gz on crux.nu.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Tilman
> >
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/giflib/ is the new project page for
> libungif/giflib.

Ah, thanks Brett.

I'm not sure whether we can just replace libungif with giflib; some
applications might only build with the former.

Regards,
Tilman

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
_______________________________________________
CRUX mailing list
CRUX@lists.crux.nu
http://lists.crux.nu/mailman/listinfo/crux
 
Old 12-06-2007, 06:33 PM
Brett Goulder
 
Default BUG: repository update libungif renamed to giflib

On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 18:05:11 +0100
Tilman Sauerbeck wrote:

> Brett Goulder [2007-12-06 11:57]:
> > On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 11:02:08 +0100
> > Tilman Sauerbeck wrote:
> >
> > > fernanbolando [2007-12-06 09:16]:
> > > > libungif has been renamed to giflib. I recently updated my my
> > > > system and found a few items was not able to compile due to a
> > > > missing libungif.
> > >
> > > The old giflib page (http://www.catb.org/~esr/giflib/) links to
> > > libungif though
> > >
> > > I solved the problem by uploading libungif-4.1.4.tar.gz on
> > > crux.nu.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Tilman
> > >
> >
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/giflib/ is the new project page for
> > libungif/giflib.
>
> Ah, thanks Brett.
>
> I'm not sure whether we can just replace libungif with giflib; some
> applications might only build with the former.
>
> Regards,
> Tilman
>

Their little blurb on the sourceforge page says it's "API and ABI"
compatible with libungif, so, I'd assume it should be a simple drop-in
replacement. I guess we could throw it in for 2.4, test it, see if
anyone reports a breakage and if no one does, roll with it.

--
~predatorfreak
GnuPG Public key: http://pred.dcaf-security.org/dcafsec-pub-gpgkey.asc
_______________________________________________
CRUX mailing list
CRUX@lists.crux.nu
http://lists.crux.nu/mailman/listinfo/crux
 
Old 12-06-2007, 09:24 PM
Brett Goulder
 
Default BUG: repository update libungif renamed to giflib

Attached is a libungif-to-giflib conversion for opt, complete with a
giflib port and the removal of libungif.

--
~predatorfreak
GnuPG Public key: http://pred.dcaf-security.org/dcafsec-pub-gpgkey.asc
_______________________________________________
CRUX mailing list
CRUX@lists.crux.nu
http://lists.crux.nu/mailman/listinfo/crux
 
Old 12-06-2007, 09:28 PM
Brett Goulder
 
Default BUG: repository update libungif renamed to giflib

On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 17:24:05 -0500
Brett Goulder wrote:

> Attached is a libungif-to-giflib conversion for opt, complete with a
> giflib port and the removal of libungif.
>

I should mention that you should run revdep afterwords to make sure you
rebuild all the things which get broken by the libungif to libgif
change.

--
~predatorfreak
GnuPG Public key: http://pred.dcaf-security.org/dcafsec-pub-gpgkey.asc
_______________________________________________
CRUX mailing list
CRUX@lists.crux.nu
http://lists.crux.nu/mailman/listinfo/crux
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 04:13 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org