-   -   Dude, I'm getting a dell....if CRUX will support it that is.... (http://www.linux-archive.org/crux/13061-dude-im-getting-dell-if-crux-will-support.html)

"Ori Johnson" 12-05-2007 04:59 PM

Dude, I'm getting a dell....if CRUX will support it that is....

The kernel can see the drives, and I am able work with /dev/sda and /dev/sdb
(the logical drives under the RAID controller) right of the Crux 2.3 CD :)

Here is the problem that I currently have: I want to monitor the health of
the RAID arrays. After booting the system, I removed one of the drives from
the Array. I was expecting to see an entry in /var/log/messages.

The RAID controller handled the loss of a physical drive correctly (the
logical drive was still accessible), but no messages were logged in
/var/log/*.

I then rebooted. When the system initiated the RAID controller, the
controller stated that the logical drive has been degraded. This is what I
expected to see...but that same message does not appear in dmesg or
/var/log*.

I then replaced the drive and the RAID control re-synchronized the drives
correctly.

So, my question is: How can I get messages from the RAID controller that
there is a drive failure in the RAID system?

Thanks,
Ori