-   Crash Utility (http://www.linux-archive.org/crash-utility/)
-   -   using crash for ARM (http://www.linux-archive.org/crash-utility/691104-using-crash-arm.html)

paawan oza 07-25-2012 05:59 AM

using crash for ARM

Hi,
I would like to use crash utility on ARM.
what I understand is there might be two ways to go about it.

1) cross compile whole crash for arm itself, which doesnt seem to be good option because on arm target we will need lots of depedent packages.
2) run crash on x86 and have gdbserver/remoter server compiled on target. and have serial connection and so on..
please suggest instructions or any pointers regarding the same.
Regards,Oza.

Dave Anderson 08-06-2012 03:28 PM

using crash for ARM

> I would like to use crash utility on ARM.
> what I understand is there might be two ways to go about it.
>
> 1) cross compile whole crash for arm itself, which doesnt seem to be
> good option because on arm target we will need lots of depedent
> packages.
>
> 2) run crash on x86 and have gdbserver/remoter server compiled on
> target. and have serial connection and so on..
>
> please suggest instructions or any pointers regarding the same.
>
> Regards,
> Oza.

If you are talking about running crash on a live ARM system, then
option #1 is the only possibility. Option #2 does not exist for
the crash utility; live system access requires either /dev/mem,
/proc/kcore, or the /dev/crash misc driver.

Dave

paawan oza 08-07-2012 05:23 AM

using crash for ARM

is there any way to pass CC while making as I see configure.c taking care of options.make target=ARM will not help.
I need something like I compile gdb
./configure --host=arm-none-eabi --target=arm-none-eabi

Regards,Oza.

paawan oza 08-07-2012 01:03 PM

using crash for ARM

Hi Dave,
Will I be able to set breakpoints and watch points in kernel space ?Do you accept the changes/contribution to crash ?

Regards,Oza.

Dave Anderson 08-07-2012 01:28 PM

using crash for ARM