-   Crash Utility (http://www.linux-archive.org/crash-utility/)
-   -   timeout in eppic.mk (http://www.linux-archive.org/crash-utility/684116-timeout-eppic-mk.html)

"Karlsson, Jan" 07-16-2012 11:24 AM

timeout in eppic.mk

Hi Dave
¬*
When I build crash, including the extension directory, I get a ‚ÄúConnection timeout‚ÄĚ for the git clone command in eppic.mk. For some reason this command fails in my environment. As this timeout is 10 minutes I just wonder if it is possible to make some change in the make file to avoid this waiting time. I could of course remove the eppic extension but I want to make as few changes in the file structure for crash as possible.
¬*
Jan
¬*
¬*
Jan Karlsson
Senior Software Engineer
MIB
¬*
Sony Mobile Communications
Tel: +46703062174
sonymobile.com
¬*

¬*

Dave Anderson 07-16-2012 01:13 PM

timeout in eppic.mk

> When I build crash, including the extension directory, I get a
> ‚ÄúConnection timeout‚ÄĚ for the git clone command in eppic.mk. For some
> reason this command fails in my environment. As this timeout is 10
> minutes I just wonder if it is possible to make some change in the
> make file to avoid this waiting time. I could of course remove the
> eppic extension but I want to make as few changes in the file
> structure for crash as possible.
>
> Jan

I don't know if there's a git option that can be used here.
If you "ping code.google.com", does it fail?

Dave

"Karlsson, Jan" 07-17-2012 12:16 PM

timeout in eppic.mk

I looked shortly for git options but I did not find any.
The ping command also fails (our firewall??)

Jan

Jan Karlsson
Senior Software Engineer
MIB
¬*

"Bryn M. Reeves" 07-17-2012 12:20 PM

timeout in eppic.mk

On 07/17/2012 01:16 PM, Karlsson, Jan wrote:
> I looked shortly for git options but I did not find any.
> The ping command also fails (our firewall??)
>
> Jan

If you can clone the repo somewhere on your local network you could play
/etc/hosts tricks to redirect the eppic.mk invocation to it to grab the
source and avoid the need to get out from your network.

Regards,
Bryn.

Dave Anderson 07-17-2012 12:30 PM

timeout in eppic.mk

> I looked shortly for git options but I did not find any.
> The ping command also fails (our firewall??)
>
> Jan

OK, so perhaps a shell command can be shoehorned into eppic.mk
that does a "ping -c 1 code.google.com" and captures the return
status?

Dave

Dave Anderson 07-17-2012 12:34 PM

timeout in eppic.mk

> On 07/17/2012 01:16 PM, Karlsson, Jan wrote:
> > I looked shortly for git options but I did not find any.
> > The ping command also fails (our firewall??)
> >
> > Jan
>
> If you can clone the repo somewhere on your local network you could play
> /etc/hosts tricks to redirect the eppic.mk invocation to it to grab the
> source and avoid the need to get out from your network.
>
> Regards,
> Bryn.

Or just manually copy the eppic git tree into the extensions subdirectory.
If the "eppic/applications/crash/eppic.c" already exists, the git operation
is not done.

Dave

Dave Anderson 07-17-2012 02:21 PM

timeout in eppic.mk

> > I looked shortly for git options but I did not find any.
> > The ping command also fails (our firewall??)
> >
> > Jan
>
> OK, so perhaps a shell command can be shoehorned into eppic.mk
> that does a "ping -c 1 code.google.com" and captures the return
> status?
>
> Dave

Jan,

Can you try the attached patch to extensions/eppic.mk?

Thanks,
Dave

"Karlsson, Jan" 07-18-2012 06:42 AM

timeout in eppic.mk

Thanks Dave, the patch works as intended for me. I now get a 10 sec timeout instead of the 10 min timeout I had before, followed by the message "failed to pull epic code .....".

Jan

Jan Karlsson
Senior Software Engineer
MIB