Old 05-16-2012, 07:53 AM
Praveen Kumar

Default not able to take kdump from kdb prompt

Hi,

I am facing issue when I want to take crash kdump from kdb prompt, after system crash my system entered kdb prompt, when i want to take kdump from kdb prompt its giving following error.
can you please help me in this.

Linux sff7r900lx1 2.6.18-194.el5 #1 SMP Thu Apr 8 11:00:57 CST 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

[8]kdb> kdump

diag:
-18: Invalid cpu number

thanks,
Praveen

Old 05-16-2012, 01:15 PM
Dave Anderson

> I am facing issue when I want to take crash kdump from kdb prompt,
> after system crash my system entered kdb prompt, when i want to take
> kdump from kdb prompt its giving following error.
> can you please help me in this.
>
> Linux sff7r900lx1 2.6.18-194.el5 #1 SMP Thu Apr 8 11:00:57 CST 2010
> x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>

> [8]kdb> kdump
>
> diag: -18: Invalid cpu number
> thanks,
> Praveen

I don't know the answer. Somebody else on this list may know,
but if not, I suggest posting to the kexec/kdump mailing list:

Dave

Old 05-16-2012, 06:46 PM
Jay Lan

This set of kdb patches should work for you:

*** kdb-v4.4-2.6.18-common-2.rhel5.6

*** kdb-v4.4-2.6.18-x86_64-2.rhel5.6

Cheers,

Jay