-   Crash Utility (http://www.linux-archive.org/crash-utility/)
-   -   Regarding kexec on Ubuntu. (http://www.linux-archive.org/crash-utility/648002-regarding-kexec-ubuntu.html)

"Shankar, AmarX" 03-23-2012 11:31 AM

Regarding kexec on Ubuntu.

Hi Dave,

*

My Ubuntu m/c is a 32-bit machine. As seen in uname, it shows “i686”.

*

Linux Ubuntu-dev 2.6.32-38-generic #83-Ubuntu SMP Wed Jan 4 11:13:04 UTC 2012 i686 GNU/Linux

Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS

*

*

In that case, I think the kexec which I built for Ubuntu will work for Android setup too.

*

Regards,

Amar

*

*

I'm presuming that your Ubuntu machine is an x86_64 host,

and you're trying to build a 32-bit kexec-tools package

that you can install on your Android setup. I am not

sure how that is done. But for help on kexec-tools,

you should be posting to the kexec-list mailing list:

This list is specific to the crash utility issues.

Dave

Dave Anderson 03-23-2012 11:59 AM

Regarding kexec on Ubuntu.

> My Ubuntu m/c is a 32-bit machine. As seen in uname, it shows “i686”.
>
> Linux Ubuntu-dev 2.6.32-38-generic #83-Ubuntu SMP Wed Jan 4 11:13:04
> UTC 2012 i686 GNU/Linux
>
> Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS
>
> In that case, I think the kexec which I built for Ubuntu will work
> for Android setup too.
>
> Regards,
> Amar

Unless there's some library inconsistency between the Ubuntu 2.6.32-38-generic
distribution and whatever's running on your Android, then it may work.

Dave