Old 03-22-2012, 01:24 PM
"Shankar, AmarX"

Default Query regarding kexec in Linux "Documentation/kdump/kdump.txt in Android sources

Hi,

*

I am working on Android sources (Gingerbread).

*

Referring to Linux "Documentation/kdump/kdump.txt in Android sources, I am having 2 queries.

*

1.******
Install kexec-tools

I have downloaded kexec tool(kexec-tools-2.0.3) from
http://horms.net/projects/kexec/.

*

The procedure mentions to configure and build kexect tool.

*

*** *With that it will build for Linux Ubuntu-dev 2.6.32-38-generic, since I am using Linux Ubuntu 10.04 on host machine.

*

But I need to build it for Android. So is there any specific option which I need to pass for this.

*

Also after building kexec tool, how do install it in my Android sources.

*

2.******
*

{{{

Boot into System Kernel

=======================

*

1) Update the boot loader (such as grub, yaboot, or lilo) configuration

** files as necessary.

}}}

*

Since, I am working on Android (Gingerbread) sources, Could you let me know which is the bootloader

configuration file in this case?

*

Thanks & Regards,

Amar Shankar