-   Crash Utility (http://www.linux-archive.org/crash-utility/)
-   -   Where can I find user-space registers in an x86-64 kernel dump? (http://www.linux-archive.org/crash-utility/640769-where-can-i-find-user-space-registers-x86-64-kernel-dump.html)

HATAYAMA Daisuke 01-01-1970 01:00 AM

Where can I find user-space registers in an x86-64 kernel dump?

Hello,

From: "hujun_hotmail" <duanshuidao@hotmail.com>
Subject: [Crash-utility] [help]Where can I find user-space registers in an x86-64 kernel dump?
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 21:58:55 +0800

> Hi guys:
> Where can I find user-space registers in an x86-64 kernel dump?
>
> thanks!

Kernel performs saving user-space registers at several kernel entry
points such as system calls, interrupts and exceptions. Concretely,
look carefully into ./arch/x86/kernel/head_64.S.

Also crash-gcore-command would help you, which tries to collect such
registers. It's available here:
http://people.redhat.com/anderson/extensions.html.

Thanks.
HATAYAMA, Daisuke