Old 05-23-2011, 08:18 AM
Max Matveev

Default Add support for byte swapping in rd

Dave,

I often do analysis on network-releated crashes and often find myself
doing mental byte swapping to convert from host to network and back -
I think crash can do it much better then me, so I wrote a patch to
teach rd how to do this.

I'm only doing byte swapping on 16 and 32 bit types because
64 bit integers don't have a "standard" network representation.

max

Old 05-23-2011, 06:16 PM
Dave Anderson

> I often do analysis on network-releated crashes and often find myself
> doing mental byte swapping to convert from host to network and back -
> I think crash can do it much better then me, so I wrote a patch to
> teach rd how to do this.
>
> I'm only doing byte swapping on 16 and 32 bit types because
> 64 bit integers don't have a "standard" network representation.
>
> max

Hi Max,

Looks good -- I just had to add "#include <netinet/in.h>" to memory.c
to get a clean "make warn" build.

Queued for the next release.

Dave