Old 05-24-2011, 01:46 PM
Dave Anderson

Default DD image

----- Original Message -----
> Hi
>
> I had the same problem with CONFIG_SPARSEMEM and if I do not remember
> wrong I added:
> machdep->max_physmem_bits = _MAX_PHYSMEM_BITS;
> machdep->section_size_bits = _SECTION_SIZE_BITS;
> to arm.c
>
> and:
> #define _SECTION_SIZE_BITS 22
> #define _MAX_PHYSMEM_BITS 32
> to defs.h in a section for ARM.
>
> I am not certain what these figures stand for but they seems to work
> for me.
>
> Jan Karlsson

There seems to be some discussion about future support for SPARSEMEM
on ARM, although like I mentioned before, it doesn't appear to be
in the latest upstream kernel as of yet.

In any case, for it to apply to the crash utility, it should be a
matter of supplying the _MAX_PHYSMEM_BITS and _SECTION_SIZE_BITS
#define's that match the kernel's MAX_PHYSMEM_BITS and SECTION_SIZE_BITS.
And then in arm_init(), they should be initialized as you've shown
above.

Dave