Old 03-22-2011, 09:18 PM
Steven Rostedt

Default crash-trace-command: Handle trace_bprintk() for modules

Hi,

These are update patches to have crash extract the trace_bprintk()
formats from a kernel core dump. It handles the current format
and a new format that I'll be pushing out after the merge window
has closed for Linux 2.6.40. The new format is required for the
kernel debugfs to export the same bprintk data as well.

This means that crash will be able to extract more information than
trace-cmd itself can on a running kernel

-- Steve

Old 03-23-2011, 12:57 PM
Steven Rostedt

These are update patches to have crash extract the trace_bprintk()
formats from a kernel core dump. It handles the current format
and a new format that I'll be pushing out after the merge window
has closed for Linux 2.6.40. The new format is required for the
kernel debugfs to export the same bprintk data as well.

This means that crash will be able to extract more information than
trace-cmd itself can on a running kernel

v2:
o Removed unused 'len' variable.
o Moved count == 0 fix into patch 2

-- Steve