Old 02-10-2011, 12:07 PM
Olaf Hering

Default How do debug the kdump kernel using a Xen dump-core file?

Hello,

'xm dump-core -L <domain>' generates a coredump of a Xen4 HVM guest, and
crash is able to poke around in this coredump.
Thanks for that.

But: How can I use crash to debug the crash/kdump kernel itself?
I did a 'echo c > /proc/sysrq-trigger' and want to look at the crash
kernel, not the normal kernel.

Olaf