-   Crash Utility (http://www.linux-archive.org/crash-utility/)
-   -   ikconfig and load module helperpatches. (http://www.linux-archive.org/crash-utility/479482-ikconfig-load-module-helperpatches.html)

Dave Anderson 01-21-2011 06:37 PM

ikconfig and load module helperpatches.

----- Original Message -----

> The access of the ikconfig data is really nothing much more
> than a typical memory read, although it does have to be
> uncompressed.
>
> But, think about it, when running against a compressed
> diskump or compressed kdump dumpfile, every memory access
> has to be uncompressed.
>
> Let me review/test your patch #1, and I'll get back to you
> with my results.

Hello Toshi,

I made a couple fixes to your patch -- get_kernel_config() always failed
because the "return ret" below always gets executed, returning IKCFG_N,
and the second test for IKCONFIG_LOADED is missing the parentheses:

+ } else if (!(kt->ikconfig_flags & IKCONFIG_LOADED)) {
+ read_in_kernel_config(IKCFG_SETUP);
+ ===> if (!kt->ikconfig_flags & IKCONFIG_LOADED)
+ error(WARNING,
+ "Failed read_in_kernel_config(IKCFG_SETUP)
");
+ ===> return ret;
+

I also made the dump_kernel_table() display of the kt->ikconfig_flags a bit
more informative, and changed a couple of the error messages slightly.

Thanks for the contribution -- it's queued for the next release.

Dave