Old 12-20-2010, 12:13 PM
Mika Westerberg

Default ARM: use generic_dump_irq() instead of a custom one

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 09:37:51PM +0900, Lei Wen wrote:

> I am trying kdump on ARM. But there is one things that very confuse me...
>
> The parameter "elfcorehdr" should pass to the second kernel by the first one,
> but I cannot find anywhere that I could figure out what this offset
> value I should give
> to elfcorehdr...

It is set automatically by kexec-tools (once you load the crashkernel
via '-p' command line option).

See code in kexec/arch/arm/crashdump-arm.c:

int load_crashdump_segments(struct kexec_info *info, char *mod_cmdline)
{
/*
* We allocate ELF core header from the end of the memory area reserved
* for the crashkernel. We align the header to SECTION_SIZE (which is
* 1MB) so that available memory passed in kernel command line will be
* aligned to 1MB. This is because kernel create_mapping() wants memory
* regions to be aligned to SECTION_SIZE.
*/
elfcorehdr = add_buffer_phys_virt(info, buf, bufsz, bufsz, 1 << 20,
crash_reserved_mem.start,
crash_reserved_mem.end, -1, 0);

dbgprintf("elfcorehdr: %#lx
", elfcorehdr);
cmdline_add_elfcorehdr(mod_cmdline, elfcorehdr);

MW