- Fix for support of xendump and Xen kdump dumpfiles from 2.6.27 and
and later x86_64 kernels. Without the patch, the crash session
would fail during initialization with the error message "crash:
cannot resolve end_pfn".
- Fix for the "s390dbf" command to allow the command's output to be
redirected to a pipe.
- Fix for the x86 "bt" command to generically recognize the end of
trace condition for tasks entering the kernel from user-space without
having to hardwire any more kernel entry point function names.
Without the patch, a task that took a clock interrupt from user-space
and crashed while operating on the soft IRQ stack failed with the
error message "bt: cannot resolve stack trace".
- Display the "machine type mismatch" warning when attempting to use a
ppc64 vmlinux file on a non-ppc64 64-bit host. Without the patch,
the fact that ppc64 vmlinux ELF files are type ET_DYN, and not type
ET_EXEC like all of the other architectures, was allowing the vmlinux
to be accepted without the mismatch warning, and would subsequently
fail without a meaningful explanation being displayed.
- Fix for the x86_64 "bt" command if the kdump-generated NMI interrupts
a multi-threaded task that has just entered kernel space but has not
changed the RSP stack pointer register from its user-space per-thread
stack location to the kernel stack. Without the patch, the command
follows the display of the exception frame on the NMI exception stack
with the message "WARNING: possibly bogus exception frame", displays
the error message "bt: cannot transition from exception stack to
current process stack", and does not display the user-space exception
- Added the "set" command to the list of commands acceptable when
running in --minimal mode. The command is limited to the setting
of internal variables since there is no task context in that mode.
- Fix for the "vtop" command when run against x86 Xen PAE kernels.
Without the patch, the "PAGE:" displays (machine and pseudo-physical)
contained non-zero values in the lower 12 bits, and the translation
of the PTE entry was incorrect as a result of receiving the incorrect
contents in the lower 12-bits of the PTE entry.
- Implemented support for running against live x86_64 pv_ops/Xen guest
- Implemented support for xendump ELF dumpfiles generated from x86_64
pvops/Xen guest kernels.
- Implemented support for running against live x86 pv_ops/Xen guest
- Implemented support for xendump ELF dumpfiles generated from x86
pvops/Xen guest kernels.
- Determine the bit positions of PG_reserved and PG_slab using the
newer pageflags enumerator values if available.
- Fix to prevent the "repeat" command from keeping a crash session
alive if the controlling terminal session is killed.
Download from: http://people.redhat.com/anderson
Crash-utility mailing list