" in crash tool, vbulletin,jelsoft,forum,bbs,discussion,bulletin board" /> " in crash tool Crash Utility" /> Query regarding "set listsize <num>" in crash tool - Linux Archive

Old 06-02-2010, 05:09 AM
Munipradeep Beerakam

Default Query regarding "set listsize " in crash tool

Hi,

While I am trying to set the listsize in crash tool version 5.0.4, it is
not happening properly, instead it is showing the task with pid of given
parameter. Below is the sample output:

crash> show listsize
Number of source lines gdb will list by default is 10.
crash> set listsize 4
set: invalid task or pid value: listsize
PID: 4
COMMAND: "ksoftirqd/0"
TASK: f7065a90 [THREAD_INFO: f7086000]
CPU: 0
STATE: TASK_INTERRUPTIBLE

So, first of all is "set" command in crash tool supports changing the listsize?
If yes, is this a bug in crash tool?

Waiting for early reply.

Thanks
Muni

Old 06-02-2010, 12:34 PM
Dave Anderson

----- "Munipradeep Beerakam" <mpradeep@linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> While I am trying to set the listsize in crash tool version 5.0.4, it is
> not happening properly, instead it is showing the task with pid of given
> parameter. Below is the sample output:
>

> crash> show listsize
> Number of source lines gdb will list by default is 10.
> crash> set listsize 4
> set: invalid task or pid value: listsize
> PID: 4
> COMMAND: "ksoftirqd/0"
> TASK: f7065a90 [THREAD_INFO: f7086000]
> CPU: 0
> STATE: TASK_INTERRUPTIBLE
>

> So, first of all is "set" command in crash tool supports changing the listsize?
> If yes, is this a bug in crash tool?

No it's not a bug -- the "set" command defaults to the crash utility's "set" command,
as is the case when entering any crash command seen when entering "help". To override
it, enter "gdb set listsize 4". See "help gdb".

Thanks,
Dave

Old 06-03-2010, 06:51 AM
Munipradeep Beerakam