Old 02-04-2010, 06:34 PM
Dave Anderson

Default s390: Member names changed in struct _lowcore

----- "Michael Holzheu" <holzheu@linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For s390 the "st_status_fixed_logout" member of "struct _lowcore" will be
> changed to "psw_save_area" in 2.6.33. This patch will ensure that the correct
> member will be used depending on the kernel version.
>
> Best Regards
>
> Michael

Looks good to me. I couldn't get a clean non-html-cluttered patch file
from your patch-inlined post from my mailer, so can you verify that the
attached hand-made patch works for you?

Thanks,
Dave

Old 02-10-2010, 10:58 AM
Michael Holzheu

Hallo Dave,

On Thu, 2010-02-04 at 14:34 -0500, Dave Anderson wrote:
> ----- "Michael Holzheu" <holzheu@linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > For s390 the "st_status_fixed_logout" member of "struct _lowcore" will be
> > changed to "psw_save_area" in 2.6.33. This patch will ensure that the correct
> > member will be used depending on the kernel version.
> >
> > Best Regards
> >
> > Michael
>
> Looks good to me. I couldn't get a clean non-html-cluttered patch file
> from your patch-inlined post from my mailer, so can you verify that the
> attached hand-made patch works for you?

The patch does not apply to 5.0.0 because def.h seems to be changed on
your local tree (the swap_info_struct_inuse_pages member was added). But
after I fixed that hunk your patch worked fine.

Thanks!

Michael