Old 02-23-2009, 07:34 AM
Jun Koi

Default xen_domctl_arch_setup struct differs from Xen's ?

Hi,

I notice that xen_domctl_arch_setup structure is defined in xendump.h
in a different way with the one from Xen: the compile option check on
IA64 is disabled. Why is that?

/* from xendump.h */
typedef struct xen_domctl_arch_setup {
uint64_t flags; /* XEN_DOMAINSETUP_* */
/* #ifdef __ia64__ */
uint64_t bp; /* mpaddr of boot param area */
uint64_t maxmem; /* Highest memory address for MDT. */
uint64_t xsi_va; /* Xen shared_info area virtual address. */
uint32_t hypercall_imm; /* Break imm for Xen hypercalls. */
/* #endif */
} xen_domctl_arch_setup_t;

Thanks,
Jun

Old 02-23-2009, 01:34 PM
Dave Anderson

----- "Jun Koi" <junkoi2004@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I notice that xen_domctl_arch_setup structure is defined in xendump.h
> in a different way with the one from Xen: the compile option check on
> IA64 is disabled. Why is that?
>
> /* from xendump.h */
> typedef struct xen_domctl_arch_setup {
> uint64_t flags; /* XEN_DOMAINSETUP_* */
> /* #ifdef __ia64__ */
> uint64_t bp; /* mpaddr of boot param area */
> uint64_t maxmem; /* Highest memory address for MDT. */
> uint64_t xsi_va; /* Xen shared_info area virtual address.
> */
> uint32_t hypercall_imm; /* Break imm for Xen hypercalls. */
> /* #endif */
> } xen_domctl_arch_setup_t;

Actually I'd be amazed if crash still works with "xm save" type files.
It was more an experiment than anything else.

In any case, the read of the data structure above was only applicable
to ia64, and the data thrown away. It was just there to seek past the
data structure to the rest of the ia64-specific file format.

Dave