Old 08-27-2012, 11:43 AM
Heiko Nardmann

Default tasks of dlm_recoverd?

Hi together!

During the shutdown of my second cluster node (two node cluster) I have
seen a process 'dlm_recoverd' running with 100% CPU usage for about 6
minutes.

It's just that I have no idea what is the task of this process since I
haven't been able to find the binary nor a man page for it. Is this one
coming from the kernel or from one of the cluster components?

Can anyone point me into the right direction? Googling hasn't been
helpful either ...

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Heiko

Old 08-27-2012, 02:28 PM
David Teigland

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 01:43:22PM +0200, Heiko Nardmann wrote:
> Hi together!
>
> During the shutdown of my second cluster node (two node cluster) I
> have seen a process 'dlm_recoverd' running with 100% CPU usage for
> about 6 minutes.
>
> It's just that I have no idea what is the task of this process since
> I haven't been able to find the binary nor a man page for it. Is
> this one coming from the kernel or from one of the cluster
> components?
>
> Can anyone point me into the right direction? Googling hasn't been
> helpful either ...

It's a kernel thread, and it's doing lock recovery. There have been some
recent improvements to speed up recovery for millions of locks, e.g.
http://git.kernel.org/gitweb.cgi?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git;a=commitdiff;h=7210cb7a72a22303cdb225bd1 aea28697a17bbae