Old 07-23-2012, 08:12 PM
Dwight Hubbard

Default Fence driver for the Digital Loggers Web Power Switches

I updated the Fence driver I wrote back in 2009 for the Digital loggers network power switches (http://digital-loggers.com/lpc.html) to work with some additional powerswitch models and put the code in a github repo.* In case it's useful for anyone else...

Old 07-31-2012, 04:59 PM
Dwight Hubbard

If I knew where to submit it I'd be happy to

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 11:18 PM, Fabio M. Di Nitto <fdinitto@redhat.com> wrote:

On 07/23/2012 10:12 PM, Dwight Hubbard wrote:

> I updated the Fence driver I wrote back in 2009 for the Digital loggers

> network power switches (http://digital-loggers.com/lpc.html) to work

> with some additional powerswitch models and put the code in a github

> repo <http://github.com/dwighthubbard/python-dlipower>. *In case it's

> useful for anyone else...

Is there a specific reason why you don't submit the code upstream and

have it part of fence-agents.git?

Thanks

Fabio

Old 07-31-2012, 08:24 PM
Dwight Hubbard

Hopefully this is a correct patch, been a long while since I've generated one

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 12:06 PM, Fabio M. Di Nitto <fdinitto@redhat.com> wrote:

On 07/31/2012 06:59 PM, Dwight Hubbard wrote:

> If I knew where to submit it I'd be happy to

here is just fine either in form of patch to fence-agents.git master

branch or as a standalone agent and we can help integrating in the

current tree.

Fabio

Old 08-01-2012, 11:58 PM
Dwight Hubbard

Re-licensing it as LGPL or GPL2+ shouldn't be a problem

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 9:42 PM, Fabio M. Di Nitto <fdinitto@redhat.com> wrote:

On 07/31/2012 10:24 PM, Dwight Hubbard wrote:

> Hopefully this is a correct patch, been a long while since I've

> generated one

Don't worry.. I'll have Marek review it and send comments back.

My only minor concern is the license. Do you think you can make your

agent GPLv2+ ? otherwise I guess it's time to fix the build system and

packaging to deal with multiple license. tho having the whole tree under

the same umbrella is easier

Thanks

Fabio