Old 12-21-2011, 06:28 PM
Dietmar Maurer

Default checkquorum script for self fencing

I recently detected that checkquorum script for self fencing.

That seems to work reliable, but the remaining nodes (with quorum) does not
get any fence acknowledge.

I wonder if it would be possible to extend the checkquorum script so that it
runs fence_ack_manual on the fence master after some safety timeout?

Or do you think that is a bad idea?

- Dietmar

Old 12-22-2011, 04:56 AM
"Fabio M. Di Nitto"

On 12/21/2011 08:28 PM, Dietmar Maurer wrote:
> I recently detected that checkquorum script for self fencing.
>
> That seems to work reliable, but the remaining nodes (with quorum) does not
> get any fence acknowledge.
>
> I wonder if it would be possible to extend the checkquorum script so that it
> runs fence_ack_manual on the fence master after some safety timeout?
>
> Or do you think that is a bad idea?

We are already working on a similar feature based on checkquorum, but I
got injured on my hand and I had to delay a bit the write up for the
feature (I am incredibly slow writing with one hand, never mind the
typos ).

The way you suggest is dangerous, so no, don't take that route.

The full feature proposal will come soon after this December
holiday/xmas break.

Fabio

Old 12-22-2011, 05:20 AM
Dietmar Maurer

> We are already working on a similar feature based on checkquorum, but I got
> injured on my hand and I had to delay a bit the write up for the feature (I am
> incredibly slow writing with one hand, never mind the typos ).
>
> The way you suggest is dangerous, so no, don't take that route.
>
> The full feature proposal will come soon after this December holiday/xmas
> break.

OK, many thanks for that info - will wait for that proposal.

- Dietmar

Old 10-02-2012, 06:07 PM
Dietmar Maurer

Hi Fabio,

was there any progress on that topic?

Old 10-02-2012, 06:32 PM
"Fabio M. Di Nitto"

On 10/02/2012 08:07 PM, Dietmar Maurer wrote:
> Hi Fabio,
>
> was there any progress on that topic?

As a matter of fact, yes, we are completing the first implementation and
writing down the docs and howto's.

I think the first cut will be available for testing within a week, maybe
two.

Fabio

Old 10-03-2012, 04:14 AM
Dietmar Maurer

> Subject: Re: [Cluster-devel] checkquorum script for self fencing
>
> On 10/02/2012 08:07 PM, Dietmar Maurer wrote:
> > Hi Fabio,
> >
> > was there any progress on that topic?
>
> As a matter of fact, yes, we are completing the first implementation and
> writing down the docs and howto's.
>
> I think the first cut will be available for testing within a week, maybe two.

Wow, that would be great - I will test as soon as it is available.

- Dietmar