-   Cluster Development (http://www.linux-archive.org/cluster-development/)
-   -   checkquorum script for self fencing (http://www.linux-archive.org/cluster-development/612527-checkquorum-script-self-fencing.html)

Dietmar Maurer 12-21-2011 06:28 PM

checkquorum script for self fencing

I recently detected that checkquorum script for self fencing.

That seems to work reliable, but the remaining nodes (with quorum) does not
get any fence acknowledge.

I wonder if it would be possible to extend the checkquorum script so that it
runs fence_ack_manual on the fence master after some safety timeout?

Or do you think that is a bad idea?

- Dietmar

"Fabio M. Di Nitto" 12-22-2011 04:56 AM

On 12/21/2011 08:28 PM, Dietmar Maurer wrote:
> I recently detected that checkquorum script for self fencing.
>
> That seems to work reliable, but the remaining nodes (with quorum) does not
> get any fence acknowledge.
>
> I wonder if it would be possible to extend the checkquorum script so that it
> runs fence_ack_manual on the fence master after some safety timeout?
>
> Or do you think that is a bad idea?

We are already working on a similar feature based on checkquorum, but I
got injured on my hand and I had to delay a bit the write up for the
feature (I am incredibly slow writing with one hand, never mind the
typos ;)).

The way you suggest is dangerous, so no, don't take that route.

The full feature proposal will come soon after this December
holiday/xmas break.

Fabio

Dietmar Maurer 12-22-2011 05:20 AM

checkquorum script for self fencing

> We are already working on a similar feature based on checkquorum, but I got
> injured on my hand and I had to delay a bit the write up for the feature (I am
> incredibly slow writing with one hand, never mind the typos ;)).
>
> The way you suggest is dangerous, so no, don't take that route.
>
> The full feature proposal will come soon after this December holiday/xmas
> break.

OK, many thanks for that info - will wait for that proposal.

- Dietmar

Dietmar Maurer 10-02-2012 06:07 PM

checkquorum script for self fencing

Hi Fabio,

was there any progress on that topic?

"Fabio M. Di Nitto" 10-02-2012 06:32 PM

On 10/02/2012 08:07 PM, Dietmar Maurer wrote:
> Hi Fabio,
>
> was there any progress on that topic?

As a matter of fact, yes, we are completing the first implementation and
writing down the docs and howto's.

I think the first cut will be available for testing within a week, maybe
two.

Fabio

Dietmar Maurer 10-03-2012 04:14 AM

checkquorum script for self fencing

> Subject: Re: [Cluster-devel] checkquorum script for self fencing
>
> On 10/02/2012 08:07 PM, Dietmar Maurer wrote:
> > Hi Fabio,
> >
> > was there any progress on that topic?
>
> As a matter of fact, yes, we are completing the first implementation and
> writing down the docs and howto's.
>
> I think the first cut will be available for testing within a week, maybe two.

Wow, that would be great - I will test as soon as it is available.

- Dietmar