Old 12-13-2011, 01:36 PM
"Fabio M. Di Nitto"

Default gfs2-utils: Add gfs2-cluster systemd unit

On 12/13/2011 3:20 PM, Andrew Price wrote:
> Adds a systemd unit file to start gfs_controld at the correct point in
> the boot sequence. I've tested this as much as I can on Fedora 16 but it
> may require some more tweaking once the init scripts for cman, clvmd,
> etc. have been migrated. The gfs2 init script has not been migrated as
> systemd should now handle mounting of gfs2 file systems specially, after
> remote-fs-pre.target.

cman will not migrate to systemd, but I am a bit puzzled because I
thought that gfs_controld will go away? Is there a point to go through
this transition at all?

Fabio

Old 12-13-2011, 01:41 PM
Steven Whitehouse

Hi,

On Tue, 2011-12-13 at 15:36 +0100, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:
> On 12/13/2011 3:20 PM, Andrew Price wrote:
> > Adds a systemd unit file to start gfs_controld at the correct point in
> > the boot sequence. I've tested this as much as I can on Fedora 16 but it
> > may require some more tweaking once the init scripts for cman, clvmd,
> > etc. have been migrated. The gfs2 init script has not been migrated as
> > systemd should now handle mounting of gfs2 file systems specially, after
> > remote-fs-pre.target.
>
> cman will not migrate to systemd, but I am a bit puzzled because I
> thought that gfs_controld will go away? Is there a point to go through
> this transition at all?
>
> Fabio

I think that is unlikely to happen before f17 and we need to migrate
before then I think. So its a question of timing. We'll probably have to
keep gfs_controld for a few fedora versions yet bearing in mind that the
kernel patches are not upstream yet.

We are still carrying mount.gfs2 in the utils, even though that has not
been required for some time, and is not currently part of the fedora
package, for example. I'm expecting that we'll have to do the same with
gfs_controld,

Steve.

Old 12-13-2011, 02:00 PM
Andrew Price

Just curious, but why? Wouldn't it risk getting cman blocked from fedora?

(
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2011-November/159157.html )

Andy

Old 12-13-2011, 02:09 PM
"Fabio M. Di Nitto"

On 12/13/2011 4:00 PM, Andrew Price wrote:
> On 13/12/11 14:36, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:
>> cman will not migrate to systemd
>
> Just curious, but why? Wouldn't it risk getting cman blocked from fedora?
>
> (
> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2011-November/159157.html )
>
> Andy

Because systemd is not capable of handling the complexity of cman init
script last I checked, and since its highly probable that we will
remove cman before F17 anyway, there is no point to invest resources there.

Fabio