Old 11-15-2011, 01:02 PM
Nick Khamis

Default Using only dlm_controld from cman

Hello Everyone,

I am using cman on top of pacemaker only for dlm support. That being
said, I always wondered
why I would need two fencing mechanisms (fenced, stonithd), and I
think the same thing for
quorum (both from corosync and cman)?
When trying to run just the standard dlm_controld outside of the
Cluster 3 stack I am recieving:

modprobe dlm
mount -t configfs none /sys/kernel/config 2>&1

dlm_controld.pcmk -D
1321364673 logging mode 3 syslog f 160 p 6 logfile p 6
/var/log/cluster/dlm_controld.log
1321364673 dlm_controld 3.1.7 started
1321364675 cman_admin_init error 111
1321364675 /sys/kernel/config/dlm/cluster/comms: opendir failed: 2
1321364675 /sys/kernel/config/dlm/cluster/spaces: opendir failed: 2

I guess my error is in the mounting?

Thanks in Advance,

Nick.

Old 11-17-2011, 11:07 PM
Andrew Beekhof

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 1:02 AM, Nick Khamis <symack@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am using cman on top of pacemaker

Other way around

> only for dlm support. That being
> said, I always wondered
> why I would need two fencing mechanisms (fenced, stonithd), and I
> think the same thing for
> quorum (both from corosync and cman)?

Because many of the existing pieces only know about fenced and cman.
In this configuration, Pacemaker will only use quorum from cman so
that it is consistent with everyone else.

> When trying to run just the standard dlm_controld outside of the
> Cluster 3 stack I am recieving:
>
> modprobe dlm
> mount -t configfs none /sys/kernel/config 2>&1
>
> dlm_controld.pcmk -D

DO
NOT
USE