Old 11-02-2011, 12:23 AM
Nick Khamis

Default pcmk+corosync controld,dlm support without cman

That would be really great. Is there any talk of when the next stable
release of:
* pcmk+corosync supporting direct communication with dlm gfs, controld
* The separation of dlm, gfs, controld from cman

will be availabile?

Thanks in Advance,

Nick.

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 4:52 AM, Andrew Beekhof <andrew@beekhof.net> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 3:09 AM, Nick Khamis <symack@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello Gents,
>>
>> Thank you so much for your response. That being said, what are the
>> plans once the next
>> release of CMAN does not include PCMK and DLM related implementation? From what
>> I can see, libdlm will be separated from the project completely.
>
> When CMAN goes away, the dlm gfs controld's will be talking directly
> to corosync.
> I believe the work has already been done but may need additional testing.
>

>> Thanks in Advance,
>>
>> Nick.
>>
>> On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 3:34 AM, Vladislav Bogdanov
>> <bubble@hoster-ok.com> wrote:

>>> You may look at
>>> http://www.mail-archive.com/pacemaker@oss.clusterlabs.org/msg09959.html
>>>
>>> That message contains Andrew's dlm_controld patch for shortening fencing
>>> path - it now talks directly to stonith subsystem, rebased for 3.0.17,
>>> and some fixes to make it all compile. Some work should probably be done
>>> to make it apply/compile on latest cluster3.
>>>
>>> That way I eliminate cman from stack (except some dlm-related libs) and
>>> run cluster with stable fencing on top of corosync/openais.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Vladislav