-   Cluster Development (http://www.linux-archive.org/cluster-development/)
-   -   Error when compiling dlm from cman (http://www.linux-archive.org/cluster-development/591372-error-when-compiling-dlm-cman.html)

Bob Peterson 10-26-2011 02:59 AM

Error when compiling dlm from cman

----- Original Message -----
| Hello Everyone,
|
| I am attempting to provide ocfs2 dlm and fencing support for our
| pacemaker cluster. I recieve an error when configuring using:
(snip)
| /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcman

Hi Nick,

Sounds like the clusterlib-devel package is missing from your
system.

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat File Systems

"Fabio M. Di Nitto" 10-26-2011 03:25 AM

On 10/26/2011 03:47 AM, Nick Khamis wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am attempting to provide ocfs2 dlm and fencing support for our
> pacemaker cluster. I recieve an error when configuring using:
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --without_cman

You need to drop --without_cman. Those flags have to be used carefully.

--without_cman means: do not build the local copy of cman (shipped with
the tarball) but rather use the system version.

The daemons, even if compiled for pcmk, still need libcman to build,
link and load, even if it might not be used at runtime.

Fabio

"Fabio M. Di Nitto" 10-26-2011 06:09 PM

Error when compiling dlm from cman

(please keep cluster-devel in the CC list, it might be helpful for other
people too)

On 10/26/2011 3:00 PM, Nick Khamis wrote:
> Hello Gents,
>
> Thank you so much for your responses! There use to be
> "--enable-pacemaker" "--disable-cman"
> flags. These have since been dropped. So just build everything in
> Cluster 3 even for the pcmk stack?

Yes that is correct. dlm_controld.pcmk has been obsoleted in favour of
cman support for pacemaker.

> Any idea on the following fence error:
>
> /src/cluster-3.1.7/fence/fenced/config.c
> In file included from /usr/local/src/cluster-3.1.7/fence/fenced/config.c:1:
> /usr/local/src/cluster-3.1.7/fence/fenced/fd.h:182: error: field
> cpg_ringid has incomplete type
> make[2]: *** [config.o] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/cluster-3.1.7/fence/fenced'
> make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/cluster-3.1.7/fence'
> make: *** [fence] Error 2
>
> I am prototyping on a debian VM, and will be using fence_virt. For
> production, we will move to
> RH and obviously a STONITH device.
>
> Thanks in Advance,
>
> Nick from Toronto.

You need a newer version of corosync. I donīt recall exactly what
version introduces the cpg_ringid, but you are better off taking 1.4.2.

Fabio

Nick Khamis 10-26-2011 06:12 PM

Error when compiling dlm from cman

Fabio,

I appologize for that. It was unintentional. If you notice, I said
"Hello Gents". I will upgrade to 1.4.2, and
keep everyone posted.

Thanks Again,

Nick.

"Fabio M. Di Nitto" 10-26-2011 06:14 PM

On 10/26/2011 8:12 PM, Nick Khamis wrote:
> Fabio,
>
> I appologize for that. It was unintentional. If you notice, I said
> "Hello Gents". I will upgrade to 1.4.2, and
> keep everyone posted.

Thatīs exactly what triggered the check my side.. :) I am aware to be
oversize, but nobody ever called me "Gents" :P

(just kidding of course ;)

Fabio

Nick Khamis 10-26-2011 06:17 PM

Error when compiling dlm from cman

I forgot to ask:

>> Yes that is correct. dlm_controld.pcmk has been obsoleted in favour of
>> cman support for pacemaker.

Does that mean that dlm + fence is provided by cman directly, and thus
deprecating libdlm?

I just want to make sure I am on the right page. I would like to
provide dlm and fence
capabilities for our pcmk cluster.

Thanks Again,

Nick

"Fabio M. Di Nitto" 10-26-2011 06:19 PM

On 10/26/2011 8:17 PM, Nick Khamis wrote:
> I forgot to ask:
>
>>> Yes that is correct. dlm_controld.pcmk has been obsoleted in favour of
>>> cman support for pacemaker.
>
> Does that mean that dlm + fence is provided by cman directly, and thus
> deprecating libdlm?

no. libdlm is still required.

> I just want to make sure I am on the right page. I would like to
> provide dlm and fence
> capabilities for our pcmk cluster.

It means that pacemaker can use cman to obtain cluster view and quorum
info. So you basically configure cman and then run pacemaker instead of
rgmanager.

Nick Khamis 10-26-2011 06:29 PM

Error when compiling dlm from cman

Hello Fabio,

Thank's again for your response.

>> It means that pacemaker can use cman to obtain cluster view and quorum
>> info. So you basically configure cman and then run pacemaker instead of
>> rgmanage

Sounds like something that we can use when the cluster is up and
running. As for dlm,
I checked out the latest version from
git://git.fedorahosted.org/dlm.git. Is it sufficient
just to run make && make install? Did not see and configure script.

Thanks Again,

Nick.

Nick Khamis 10-26-2011 06:34 PM

Error when compiling dlm from cman

The question is, does the unstable standalone of dlm require cman?
There use to be
a LibLogThread depedency.

Thanks in Advace,

Nick.

"Fabio M. Di Nitto" 10-26-2011 06:34 PM

On 10/26/2011 8:29 PM, Nick Khamis wrote:
> Hello Fabio,
>
> Thank's again for your response.
>
>>> It means that pacemaker can use cman to obtain cluster view and quorum
>>> info. So you basically configure cman and then run pacemaker instead of
>>> rgmanage
>
> Sounds like something that we can use when the cluster is up and
> running.

Yes thatīs correct. You do a cman cluster, with cman/fencing/dlm
configured and then use packemaker on top.

As for dlm,
> I checked out the latest version from
> git://git.fedorahosted.org/dlm.git. Is it sufficient
> just to run make && make install? Did not see and configure script.

You seriously donīt want to use that version of dlm.git yet. Itīs the
development tree for the next generation cluster and itīs undergoing a
lot of changes at the moment. As you might notice there are no release
tags in the tree.

Fabio