Old 10-26-2011, 06:36 PM
"Fabio M. Di Nitto"

Default Error when compiling dlm from cman

On 10/26/2011 8:34 PM, Nick Khamis wrote:
> The question is, does the unstable standalone of dlm require cman?

No it doesnīt, but as I wrote in the other email, itīs too "unstable".
Itīs under heavy development and has received little to none testing.

> There use to be
> a LibLogThread depedency.

Thatīs probably a leftover in the Makefiles because as far as I remember
the new dlm doesnīt use liblogthread. If it does, you can just grab it
from cluster.git STABLE31 branch.

Fabio

Old 10-26-2011, 06:38 PM
Nick Khamis

I will stick with the stable version. Upgrading corosync to 1.4.2, and
see if that helps my error.
Just a note, on the cluster site it say "requires corosync 1.4.1 (or
higher) and openais 1.1.4 (or higher) "

Cheers,

Nick.

Old 10-26-2011, 06:41 PM
"Fabio M. Di Nitto"

On 10/26/2011 8:38 PM, Nick Khamis wrote:
> I will stick with the stable version. Upgrading corosync to 1.4.2, and
> see if that helps my error.
> Just a note, on the cluster site it say "requires corosync 1.4.1 (or
> higher) and openais 1.1.4 (or higher) "

Yes, when 3.1.7 has been released, corosync 1.4.2 didnīt exist I
generally update those requirements on a release base.

Fabio

Old 10-26-2011, 08:46 PM
Nick Khamis

Just an update. On Debian Suqeeze, I was able to compile and install
Cluster3 without
rgmanager on Corosync 1.4.2:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local --without_rgmanager
--corosyncincdir=/usr/include/corocync
--corosynclibdir=/usr/var/lib/corosync
openaisincdir=/usr/include/openais --corosyncbin=/usr/sbin/corosync

I hope getting dlm and fence will be just as easy.

Nick.