Old 10-06-2011, 06:02 PM
"Fabio M. Di Nitto"

Default dlm: master - add license/copyright headers

Hi David,

this is going to need another quick pass.

The libdlm headers are fine, but for the daemon/tool, we had GPLv2+ in
STABLE31 and current header only reflects GPLv2. In theory you need to
add a similar header to the Makefile's too.

Cheers
Fabio

Old 10-06-2011, 06:12 PM
David Teigland

On Thu, Oct 06, 2011 at 08:02:10PM +0200, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> this is going to need another quick pass.
>
> The libdlm headers are fine, but for the daemon/tool, we had GPLv2+ in
> STABLE31 and current header only reflects GPLv2.

I'm defaulting to plain v2 unless there's a reason to do otherwise.

> In theory you need to add a similar header to the Makefile's too.

I've never seen the point.

Old 10-06-2011, 06:15 PM
"Fabio M. Di Nitto"

On 10/06/2011 08:12 PM, David Teigland wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 06, 2011 at 08:02:10PM +0200, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:
>> Hi David,
>>
>> this is going to need another quick pass.
>>
>> The libdlm headers are fine, but for the daemon/tool, we had GPLv2+ in
>> STABLE31 and current header only reflects GPLv2.
>
> I'm defaulting to plain v2 unless there's a reason to do otherwise.

You can't just re-license without a written agreement from all code
contributors (past and present). We did this process a while ago to
avoid linking issues with other libraries that are at GPLv3 or you need
some exceptions and so on.

It's easier to just keep the GPLv2+ license as it was.

Fabio