Old 01-21-2011, 05:16 PM
Lon Hohberger

Default fence_scsi: always do sg_turs before registration

On Wed, 2011-01-19 at 14:30 -0600, Ryan O'Hara wrote:
> If a node has been fenced, or its key has been forcibly removed from
> device(s) by another node, the victim will see "unit attention" from the
> devices if/when it attempts to re-register. This error is normally
> reported just once, but will cause registration to fail. We can safely
> avoid this by calling sg_turs prior to each attempt to register with a
> device.
>
> Resolves: rhbz#640343

Reviewed; ack

-- Lon

Old 01-24-2011, 07:51 PM
Lon Hohberger

On Mon, 2011-01-24 at 12:57 -0600, Ryan O'Hara wrote:
> This patch fixes a with the original patch posted last week. Before
> attempting to register with a device, we should call sg_turs on the
> device. If that device is a dm-multipath device, we should call sg_turs
> on all the paths. This can be done by simply moving the call to do_reset
> to do_register and do_register_ignore.
>
> Also, the patch adds a call to do_reset before doing a "status" action.
> If a node has been fenced and then proceeds to check its status, it will
> be in "unit attention" state.
>
> Resolves: rhbz#640343

Was reusing the same patch synopsis intentional here? It doesn't look
like a replacement of the patch; it looks like an additional patch.

-- Lon

Old 01-24-2011, 07:57 PM
"Ryan O'Hara"

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 03:51:47PM -0500, Lon Hohberger wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-01-24 at 12:57 -0600, Ryan O'Hara wrote:
> > This patch fixes a with the original patch posted last week. Before
> > attempting to register with a device, we should call sg_turs on the
> > device. If that device is a dm-multipath device, we should call sg_turs
> > on all the paths. This can be done by simply moving the call to do_reset
> > to do_register and do_register_ignore.
> >
> > Also, the patch adds a call to do_reset before doing a "status" action.
> > If a node has been fenced and then proceeds to check its status, it will
> > be in "unit attention" state.
> >
> > Resolves: rhbz#640343
>
> Was reusing the same patch synopsis intentional here? It doesn't look
> like a replacement of the patch; it looks like an additional patch.
>
> -- Lon

Not intentional, no. Its the same bug, and the 2nd patch is just a
tweak to the first patch so that is properly resets all paths for
dm-mp devices.

Sorry for any confusion.

Ryan