Old 01-19-2011, 12:16 AM
Ric Wheeler

Default Discuss Samba + RichACLs + clustered filesystem and support for CIFS/SMB2

On 01/18/2011 05:36 PM, Jeremy Allison wrote:

Hi,

I (and Michael Adams and Volker Lendecke) would like to
attend to discuss integration of Samba with Linux filesystems,
ACL support and other Windows-style metadata support, and
integration of Samba with Linux clustered filesystems.

Jeremy Allison,
Samba Team/Google Open Source Programs Office.

Hi Jeremy,

(Adding the linux-fsdevel & cluster-devel list to this to let more people weigh in)

Ric

Old 01-19-2011, 11:23 AM
Steven Whitehouse

Hi,

On Tue, 2011-01-18 at 20:16 -0500, Ric Wheeler wrote:
> On 01/18/2011 05:36 PM, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I (and Michael Adams and Volker Lendecke) would like to
> > attend to discuss integration of Samba with Linux filesystems,
> > ACL support and other Windows-style metadata support, and
> > integration of Samba with Linux clustered filesystems.
> >
> > Jeremy Allison,
> > Samba Team/Google Open Source Programs Office.
>
> Hi Jeremy,
>
> (Adding the linux-fsdevel & cluster-devel list to this to let more people weigh in)
>
> Ric

I think this would be a very useful topic to discuss. I've added the
richacl developers to CC,

Steve.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:23 PM
Joel Becker

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 12:23:08PM +0000, Steven Whitehouse wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-01-18 at 20:16 -0500, Ric Wheeler wrote:
> > On 01/18/2011 05:36 PM, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> > > I (and Michael Adams and Volker Lendecke) would like to
> > > attend to discuss integration of Samba with Linux filesystems,
> > > ACL support and other Windows-style metadata support, and
> > > integration of Samba with Linux clustered filesystems.
>
> I think this would be a very useful topic to discuss. I've added the
> richacl developers to CC,

People like Samba on ocfs2 too, so we're definitely interested.

Joel