Old 09-02-2010, 12:45 PM
"Fabio M. Di Nitto"

Default Cluster 3.0.16 stable release

The cluster team and its community are proud to announce the 3.0.16
stable release from the STABLE3 branch.

This release contains a few major bug fixes. We strongly recommend
people to update their clusters. We also welcome Digimer to the
development team and her contribution of fence_nodeassassin in time for
this release.

(if you are wondering where 3.0.15 is, the tarballs are available at the
usual URL, but due to a change in some headers, it probably will not
build on your system, 3.0.16 addresses that problem specifically)

In order to build/run the 3.0.16 release you will need:

- - corosync 1.2.8
- - openais 1.1.4
- - linux kernel 2.6.31 (only for GFS1 users)

The new source tarball can be downloaded here:

https://fedorahosted.org/releases/c/l/cluster/cluster-3.0.16.tar.bz2

To report bugs or issues:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/

Would you like to meet the cluster team or members of its community?

Join us on IRC (irc.freenode.net #linux-cluster) and share your
experience with other sysadministrators or power users.

Thanks/congratulations to all people that contributed to achieve this
great milestone.

Happy clustering,
Fabio

Under the hood (from 3.0.15):

Fabio M. Di Nitto (1):
cman: fix build with old headers (f12 and older)

cman/cman_tool/main.c | 2 ++

Under the hood (from 3.0.14):

Bob Peterson (3):
gfs2-utils: mkfs can't fsync device with 32MB RGs
fsck.gfs2 deletes directories if they get too big
fsck.gfs2 segfaults if journals are missing

David Teigland (5):
dlm_controld: fix save_plocks initialization
dlm_controld: fix plock owner syncing
dlm_controld: fix plock signature in stored message
Revert "dlm_controld: fix save_plocks initialization"
dlm_controld: ignore plocks until checkpoint time

Fabio M. Di Nitto (11):
cman: do not propagate old configurations around
fence_na: import files pristine from upstream
build: fix man page install from outside source tree
fence_na: first cut at the Makefile
fence_na: add example config file
build: rename CONFFILEEXAMPLE to EXTRACONFFILE
fence_na: generate files based on configure invokation
fence_na: fix last installation bits required to work in our build env
fence_na: add copyright/author information
fence_na: add support to the validation schema
config: Update ldif schema

Lon Hohberger (13):
cman: Make qdiskd exit if removed from configuration
cman: Clarify man page on config distribution
rgmanager: Fix clustat return code
rgmanager: Honor restricted FDs during migrations
config: Add missing fence-agent options to RNG schema
config: Add missing fence-agent options to LDAP schema
rgmanager: Present flags in clustat output
config: Fix broken fence_egenera options
config: Add fence_egenera options to ldif
doc: Update autogenerated documentation
rgmanager: fix compiler warning in clulog.c
config: Present fencing agent name in metadata
config: Add fencing agent name to group for clarity

Marek 'marx' Grac (5):
fence_drac5: make "port" a synonym of "module_name" for drac5
fencing: Method to cause one node to delay fencing
fencing: Method to cause one node to delay fencing [2]
fencing: Method to cause one node to delay fencing - drac, egenera
fencing: Method to cause one node to delay fencing - ipmilan

Ryan O'Hara (1):
Fix syntax error in code that opens logfile.

cman/cman_tool/main.c | 37 +-
cman/man/cman_tool.8 | 24 +-
cman/qdisk/main.c | 33 +-
config/plugins/ldap/99cluster.ldif | 98 +++-
config/plugins/ldap/ldap-base.csv | 11 +-
config/tools/xml/ccs_config_validate.in | 34 +-
config/tools/xml/cluster.rng.in | 565 +++++++++++++----
doc/COPYRIGHT | 3 +
doc/cluster_conf.html | 26 +-
fence/agents/drac/fence_drac.8 | 6 +
fence/agents/drac/fence_drac.pl | 13 +-
fence/agents/egenera/fence_egenera.8 | 6 +
fence/agents/egenera/fence_egenera.pl | 10 +-
fence/agents/ipmilan/ipmilan.c | 29 +-
fence/agents/lib/fence2rng.xsl | 3 +-
fence/agents/lib/fencing.py.py | 23 +-
fence/agents/node_assassin/Makefile | 50 ++
fence/agents/node_assassin/fence_na.conf.in | 84 +++
fence/agents/node_assassin/fence_na.lib.in | 919
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
fence/agents/node_assassin/fence_na.pl | 162 +++++
fence/agents/node_assassin/fence_na.pod.in | 188 ++++++
fence/agents/scsi/fence_scsi.pl | 2 +-
gfs2/convert/gfs2_convert.c | 12 +-
gfs2/fsck/fs_recovery.c | 55 ++-
gfs2/fsck/fs_recovery.h | 7 +-
gfs2/fsck/metawalk.c | 45 +-
gfs2/fsck/metawalk.h | 5 +-
gfs2/fsck/pass1.c | 144 +++--
gfs2/fsck/pass1b.c | 15 +-
gfs2/libgfs2/libgfs2.h | 5 +-
gfs2/libgfs2/rgrp.c | 14 +-
gfs2/libgfs2/structures.c | 32 +-
gfs2/libgfs2/super.c | 43 +--
group/dlm_controld/cpg.c | 43 ++-
group/dlm_controld/dlm_daemon.h | 1 +
group/dlm_controld/plock.c | 120 +++--
make/install.mk | 6 +-
make/uninstall.mk | 3 +
rgmanager/src/daemons/rg_state.c | 5 +
rgmanager/src/utils/clulog.c | 2 +-
rgmanager/src/utils/clustat.c | 53 ++-

Old 09-02-2010, 04:38 PM
"Fabio M. Di Nitto"

On 9/2/2010 2:45 PM, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:
> The cluster team and its community are proud to announce the 3.0.16
> stable release from the STABLE3 branch.
>
> This release contains a few major bug fixes. We strongly recommend
> people to update their clusters. We also welcome Digimer to the
> development team and her contribution of fence_nodeassassin in time for
> this release.

It was correctly pointed out to me, that all git commits to add fence_na
were incorrectly attributed to me (because I forgot to change the git
author).

Digimer is the author of fence_nodeassassin and she should get the
credits for the work.

Sorry for the mistake
Fabio