Old 07-23-2012, 02:59 PM
Steven Whitehouse

Default GFS2: Pull request (merge window)

Hi,

Please consider pulling the following patches. There have been no changes since
they were posted for review,

Steve.

The following changes since commit eea5b5510fc5545d15b69da8e485a7424ae388cf:

Merge tag 'please-pull-mce' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ras/ras (2012-06-05 15:15:04 -0700)

are available in the git repository at:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/steve/gfs2-3.0-nmw.git master

Abhijith Das (1):
GFS2: kernel panic with small gfs2 filesystems - 1 RG

Benjamin Marzinski (1):
GFS2: Use lvbs for storing rgrp information with mount option

Bob Peterson (6):
GFS2: Extend the life of the reservations
GFS2: Fold quota data into the reservations struct
GFS2: Add kobject release method
GFS2: Combine functions get_local_rgrp and gfs2_inplace_reserve
GFS2: Reduce file fragmentation
GFS2: Eliminate 64-bit divides

Masatake YAMATO (1):
GFS2: Fixing double brelse'ing bh allocated in gfs2_meta_read when EIO occurs

Steven Whitehouse (7):
GFS2: Add "top dir" flag support
GFS2: Fix error handling when reading an invalid block from the journal
GFS2: Increase buffer size for glocks and glstats debugfs files
GFS2: Cache last hash bucket for glock seq_files
seq_file: Add seq_vprintf function and export it
GFS2: Use seq_vprintf for glocks debugfs file
GFS2: Size seq_file buffer more carefully

fs/gfs2/aops.c | 18 +-
fs/gfs2/bmap.c | 21 +-
fs/gfs2/dir.c | 9 +-
fs/gfs2/file.c | 65 ++--
fs/gfs2/glock.c | 39 ++-
fs/gfs2/incore.h | 54 ++-
fs/gfs2/inode.c | 94 +++---
fs/gfs2/lops.c | 9 +-
fs/gfs2/main.c | 1 -
fs/gfs2/meta_io.c | 5 +-
fs/gfs2/ops_fstype.c | 36 ++-
fs/gfs2/quota.c | 72 +++--
fs/gfs2/rgrp.c | 833 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------
fs/gfs2/rgrp.h | 45 ++-
fs/gfs2/super.c | 28 ++-
fs/gfs2/sys.c | 21 +-
fs/gfs2/trace_gfs2.h | 59 +++-
fs/gfs2/trans.h | 2 +-
fs/gfs2/util.h | 18 +-
fs/gfs2/xattr.c | 30 +-
fs/seq_file.c | 18 +-
include/linux/gfs2_ondisk.h | 14 +-
include/linux/seq_file.h | 1 +

Old 08-03-2012, 01:22 AM
Linus Torvalds

[ For some reason this didn't go out, and was in my "drafts" folder.
Better late than never, I guess ]

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 7:59 AM, Steven Whitehouse <swhiteho@redhat.com> wrote:

> Please consider pulling the following patches. There have been no changes since
> they were posted for review,

It would be lovely to get a short overview of what the changes you ask
me to pull actually do, so that I can populate the merge message with
relevant information.

(Not just a message for you, this is true in general. Although I'm
very pleased with the merge window so far - I think most pull requests
have had at least *some* general overview in tags and/or emails)

Linus

Old 08-03-2012, 10:18 AM
Steven Whitehouse

Hi,

On Thu, 2012-08-02 at 18:22 -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> [ For some reason this didn't go out, and was in my "drafts" folder.
> Better late than never, I guess ]
>
> On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 7:59 AM, Steven Whitehouse <swhiteho@redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > Please consider pulling the following patches. There have been no changes since
> > they were posted for review,
>
> It would be lovely to get a short overview of what the changes you ask
> me to pull actually do, so that I can populate the merge message with
> relevant information.
>
> (Not just a message for you, this is true in general. Although I'm
> very pleased with the merge window so far - I think most pull requests
> have had at least *some* general overview in tags and/or emails)
>
> Linus

I've been writing summaries when I send out the "pre-pull patch posting"
so I could just copy & paste from that if it thats the kind of thing
that you are after?

https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/7/23/59

Steve.

Old 08-03-2012, 04:16 PM
Linus Torvalds

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 3:18 AM, Steven Whitehouse <swhiteho@redhat.com> wrote:

> I've been writing summaries when I send out the "pre-pull patch posting"
> so I could just copy & paste from that if it thats the kind of thing
> that you are after?
>
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/7/23/59

Yup, exactly something like that. And then depending on whether there
are any new and interesting things, please elaborate..

Thanks,
Linus

Old 10-01-2012, 09:09 AM
Steven Whitehouse

Hi,

Please consider pulling the following changes,

Steve.

The major feature this time is the "rbm" conversion in the resource
group code. The new struct gfs2_rbm specifies the location of an
allocatable block in (resource group, bitmap, offset) form. There
are a number of added helper functions, and later patches then
rewrite some of the resource group code in terms of this new
structure. Not only does this give us a nice code clean up, but
it also removes some of the previous restructions where extents
could not cross bitmap boundaries, for example.

In addition to that, there are a few bug fixes and clean ups, but
the rbm work is by far the majority of this patch set in terms of
number of changed lines.

The following changes since commit 979570e02981d4a8fc20b3cc8fd651856c98ee9d:

Linux 3.6-rc7 (2012-09-23 18:10:57 -0700)

are available in the git repository at:
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/steve/gfs2-3.0-nmw.git master

Benjamin Marzinski (1):
GFS2: Write out dirty inode metadata in delayed deletes

Bob Peterson (9):
GFS2: rbm code cleanup
GFS2: change function gfs2_direct_IO to use a normal gfs2_glock_dq
GFS2: inline __gfs2_glock_schedule_for_reclaim
GFS2: Combine functions gfs2_glock_wait and wait_on_holder
GFS2: Combine functions gfs2_glock_dq_wait and wait_on_demote
GFS2: Eliminate redundant calls to may_grant
GFS2: Eliminate unnecessary check for state > 3 in bitfit
GFS2: Stop block extents at the end of bitmaps
GFS2: Fix infinite loop in rbm_find

Eric Sandeen (1):
GFS2: fix s_writers.counter imbalance in gfs2_ail_empty_gl

Jan Kara (1):
GFS2: Get rid of I_MUTEX_QUOTA usage

Michel Lespinasse (1):
GFS2: Use RB_CLEAR_NODE() rather than rb_init_node()

Steven Whitehouse (14):
GFS2: Merge two nearly identical xattr functions
GFS2: Remove rs_requested field from reservations
GFS2: Add structure to contain rgrp, bitmap, offset tuple
GFS2: Replace rgblk_search with gfs2_rbm_find
GFS2: Update gfs2_get_block_type() to use rbm
GFS2: Update rgblk_free() to use rbm
GFS2: Fix case where reservation finished at end of rgrp
GFS2: Use rbm for gfs2_testbit()
GFS2: Use rbm for gfs2_setbit()
GFS2: Fix ->show_options() for statfs slow
GFS2: Fall back to ignoring reservations, if there are no other blocks left
GFS2: Improve block reservation tracing
GFS2: Fix unclaimed_blocks() wrapping bug and clean up
GFS2: Consolidate free block searching functions

fs/gfs2/aops.c | 11 +-
fs/gfs2/bmap.c | 2 +-
fs/gfs2/file.c | 4 +-
fs/gfs2/glock.c | 60 +--