Old 01-12-2010, 10:16 AM
"Fabio M. Di Nitto"

Default Cluster 3.0.7 stable release

The cluster team and its community are proud to announce the 3.0.7
stable release from the STABLE3 branch.

This release contains a few major bug fixes. We strongly recommend
people to update your clusters.

In order to build/run the 3.0.7 release you will need:

- - corosync 1.2.0
- - openais 1.1.1
- - linux kernel 2.6.31

The new source tarball can be downloaded here:

https://fedorahosted.org/releases/c/l/cluster/cluster-3.0.7.tar.gz
ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/cluster/releases/cluster-3.0.7.tar.gz

To report bugs or issues:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/

Would you like to meet the cluster team or members of its community?

Join us on IRC (irc.freenode.net #linux-cluster) and share your
experience with other sysadministrators or power users.

Thanks/congratulations to all people that contributed to achieve this
great milestone.

Happy clustering,
Fabio

Under the hood (from 3.0.6):

Abhijith Das (1):
gfs2_quota: Bug 536902 - quota file size not a multiple of struct
gfs2_quota

Andrew Beekhof (1):
gfs_controld.pcmk - Implement the setup_cluster and
fenced_node_info hooks

Bob Peterson (3):
GFS2: gfs2_edit savemeta bugs
gfs_fsck: Don't try to convert free_meta to free if -n was specified.
gfs_fsck: Don't try to convert free inodes to free if -n was
specified.

Christine Caulfield (1):
cman: Make cman quit if it has an old config when it starts up

David Teigland (3):
group_tool: remove "groupd not running" (another)
cluster.rng: fence_daemon updates
man pages: fenced, fence_tool, fence_node, fence_ack_manual

Fabio M. Di Nitto (15):
cman init: don't start cluster if NM is running or about to run
cman_tool: make it the authoritative tool to enable a new
configuration
cman init: add horrid workaround to some other issues
gfs2: fix build failure
fence lpar: fix quoting
gfs: disable gfs kernel and userland tool build by default
build: fix typo in configure
build: fix Makefile filters for gfs
build: fix fence man page stuff
cman init: check for cman_tool before executing the script
cman init: drop use of test in favour of shell bits
cman init: add check for executable
Revert "cman init: add horrid workaround to some other issues"
fence agents: drop build date
misc: update copyright year across the board

Lon Hohberger (14):
rgmanager: Fix relocation & migration errors
rgmanager: Add debug information to dumps
rgmanager: Move prototypes in to correct header
config: Remove data type="string"
config: Fix build warning in rng2ldif
rgmanager: Fix build warnings
rgmanager: Fix bind mount handling in fs.sh
fence-agents: Add missing state handling to fence_virsh
rgmanager: Fix erroneous bind mount warning in fs.sh
rgmanager: Make clusvcadm check msg_send return code
rgmanager: Fix event generation with central_processing
resource-agents: Add missing btrfs & ext4 support
rgmanager: Allow non-root clustat
rgmanager: Fix compiler warning

Marek 'marx' Grac (4):
fencing: Change default timeout values for LPAR and IPMI
fencing: Version information not shown
fencing: Add support for identity files
fencing: fence_rsa fails to login

Ryan O'Hara (3):
Add error messages to fence_scsi as well as a few comments.
Add debug messages to subroutines that perform sg_persist operations.
Add support for metadata action.

Shane Bradley (1):
rgmanager: Fix ipv6 handling

Makefile | 6 +-
cman/cman_tool/main.c | 13 +-
cman/daemon/ais.c | 3 +-
cman/daemon/cman.h | 1 +
cman/daemon/commands.c | 23 ++
cman/init.d/cman.in | 49 ++++-
config/tools/ldap/rng2ldif/tree.c | 2 +-
config/tools/xml/cluster.rng.in | 87 +++-----
configure | 20 +-
doc/COPYRIGHT | 58 +++---
fence/agents/alom/fence_alom.py | 2 +-
fence/agents/apc/fence_apc.py | 2 +-
fence/agents/drac5/fence_drac5.py | 2 +-
fence/agents/ilo_mp/fence_ilo_mp.py | 2 +-
fence/agents/ipmilan/ipmilan.c | 2 +-
fence/agents/lib/fencing.py.py | 7 +-
fence/agents/lpar/fence_lpar.py | 9 +-
fence/agents/rsa/fence_rsa.py | 5 +-
fence/agents/scsi/fence_scsi.pl | 292
++++++++++++++++-------
fence/agents/virsh/fence_virsh.py | 2 +-
fence/agents/vmware/fence_vmware.py | 2 +-
fence/agents/wti/fence_wti.py | 2 +-
fence/man/Makefile | 2 +-
fence/man/fence.8 | 30 ---
fence/man/fence_ack_manual.8 | 55 +++--
fence/man/fence_node.8 | 133 +++++++++--
fence/man/fence_tool.8 | 70 ++++--
fence/man/fenced.8 | 297
+++++++++++++----------
gfs/gfs_fsck/pass4.c | 70 +++---
gfs/gfs_fsck/pass5.c | 10 +-
gfs2/edit/hexedit.c | 30 ++-
gfs2/edit/hexedit.h | 7 +-
gfs2/edit/savemeta.c | 190 ++++++++-------
gfs2/libgfs2/ondisk.c | 6 +-
gfs2/quota/check.c | 128 ++++++-----
gfs2/quota/gfs2_quota.h | 5 +-
gfs2/quota/main.c | 267 +++++---------------
group/gfs_controld/member_pcmk.c | 41 +++-
group/tool/main.c | 1 -
make/copyright.cf | 2 +-
make/defines.mk.input | 4 +-
make/release.mk | 2 +-
rgmanager/include/event.h | 2 +
rgmanager/include/fo_domain.h | 1 +
rgmanager/include/message.h | 1 +
rgmanager/include/resgroup.h | 5 +
rgmanager/include/reslist.h | 11 +-
rgmanager/src/clulib/msg_socket.c | 17 ++-
rgmanager/src/clulib/rg_strings.c | 3 +
rgmanager/src/daemons/Makefile | 2 +-
rgmanager/src/daemons/event_config.c | 31 ++-
rgmanager/src/daemons/fo_domain.c | 41 +++-
rgmanager/src/daemons/groups.c | 24 ++
rgmanager/src/daemons/main.c | 71 +++++-
rgmanager/src/daemons/reslist.c | 69 ++++--
rgmanager/src/daemons/resrules.c | 97 +++++---
rgmanager/src/daemons/restree.c | 57 +++--
rgmanager/src/daemons/rg_forward.c | 4 +-
rgmanager/src/daemons/rg_state.c | 14 +-
rgmanager/src/daemons/service_op.c | 2 +-
rgmanager/src/daemons/slang_event.c | 2 +-
rgmanager/src/daemons/test.c | 18 +-
rgmanager/src/daemons/tests/test012.conf | 2 +-
rgmanager/src/resources/default_event_script.sl | 8 +
rgmanager/src/resources/follow-service.sl | 2 +-
rgmanager/src/resources/fs.sh.in | 28 ++-
rgmanager/src/resources/ip.sh | 84 ++++++-
rgmanager/src/resources/vm.sh | 6 +-
rgmanager/src/utils/clustat.c | 2 +-
rgmanager/src/utils/clusvcadm.c | 12 +-

Old 01-12-2010, 01:10 PM
"Marc - A. Dahlhaus [ Administration | Westermann GmbH ]"

Hello Fabio,
hello list,

Am Dienstag, den 12.01.2010, 12:16 +0100 schrieb Fabio M. Di Nitto:

> The cluster team and its community are proud to announce the 3.0.7
> stable release from the STABLE3 branch.
>
> This release contains a few major bug fixes. We strongly recommend
> people to update your clusters.
>
> In order to build/run the 3.0.7 release you will need:
>
> - - corosync 1.2.0
> - - openais 1.1.1
> - - linux kernel 2.6.31

gfs-kernel doesn't build against 2.6.32 without the following (untested)
change:

sed 's/generic_file_aio_write_nolock/blkdev_aio_write/'
-i gfs-kernel/src/gfs/ops_file.c

But i don't know if this change is the right thing to do...

--8<--

> Under the hood (from 3.0.6):

--8<--
> Fabio M. Di Nitto (15):
--8<--
> gfs: disable gfs kernel and userland tool build by default

This one caught my attention...

Is porting of gfs-kernel to latest vanilla kernel still in progress or
is gfs1 going to be abandoned anytime soon?

Some quick and dirty testing with gfs2 went fine so far.

Thanks,

Marc

Old 01-12-2010, 01:24 PM
"Fabio M. Di Nitto"

Hi Marc,

On 1/12/2010 3:10 PM, Marc - A. Dahlhaus [ Administration | Westermann
GmbH ] wrote:

>> - - linux kernel 2.6.31
>
> gfs-kernel doesn't build against 2.6.32 without the following (untested)
> change:
>
> sed 's/generic_file_aio_write_nolock/blkdev_aio_write/'
> -i gfs-kernel/src/gfs/ops_file.c
>
> But i don't know if this change is the right thing to do...

No, this fix is not correct. I spoke at length with the GFS team and the
porting to 2.6.32 is a lot more complex.

> --8<--
>> Fabio M. Di Nitto (15):
> --8<--
>> gfs: disable gfs kernel and userland tool build by default
>
> This one caught my attention...
>
> Is porting of gfs-kernel to latest vanilla kernel still in progress or
> is gfs1 going to be abandoned anytime soon?

For now we had to put gfs on hold because of the complexity to port it
to 2.6.32 and allow the release of user land tools with many bug fixes.

We are also encouraging people to move away from gfs in favor of gfs2 so
that we can better focus our resources to maintain one file system
instead of two. I donīt think this was ever a secret since gfs2 is part
of kernel upstream and gfs1 is not and never will

So basically, the code is there and builds (with the restriction to the
kernel version), it will receive bug fixes, but we want to make it a
user conscious choice that they are building something that will
disappear in the future (hence the requirement to explicitly enable gfs
build).

> Some quick and dirty testing with gfs2 went fine so far.

GFS2 has become a lot more stable with recent kernel releases but please
file BZs for any problem you might find.

I did CC the GFS team in case you might have more specific questions.

Cheers
Fabio