Old 11-24-2009, 03:12 PM
Steven Dake

Default Proposal to align autotool versions

On Tue, 2009-11-24 at 14:33 +0100, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I just completed testing of autotools in F13/rawhide and they seem to
> fulfill perfectly what we need so far.
>
> Fedora13 has:
>
> libtool 2.2.6 (doesn´t carry the bug for which we were forcing 2.2.7)
> autoconf 2.64 (higher than what we require now)
> automake 1.11/m4/pkg-config in more than recent enough versions.

There is no motivation (ie bugs) to change the dependency to a later
version autoconf for corosync.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:24 PM
"Fabio M. Di Nitto"

Steven Dake wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-11-24 at 14:33 +0100, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I just completed testing of autotools in F13/rawhide and they seem to
>> fulfill perfectly what we need so far.
>>
>> Fedora13 has:
>>
>> libtool 2.2.6 (doesn´t carry the bug for which we were forcing 2.2.7)
>> autoconf 2.64 (higher than what we require now)
>> automake 1.11/m4/pkg-config in more than recent enough versions.
>>

> There is no motivation (ie bugs) to change the dependency to a later
> version autoconf for corosync.

You would end up using that version anyway. What matters mostly is to
set a minimum for libtool. The other packages are "less important"
because they are all in sufficient versions.

Fabio