Old 01-02-2008, 10:22 AM
Patrick Caulfeld

Default make /etc/cluster/cluster.conf configurable

Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> the patch makes it possible to change the default configuration file by
> setting DEFAULT_CONFIG_DIR (default to /etc/cluster) and
> DEFAULT_CONFIG_FILE (cluster.conf).
>
> I need to address two small issues before I can commit it (hence the RFC).
>
> rgmanager/src/resources/utils/config-utils.sh
> cman/init.d/cman
> rgmanager/init.d/rgmanager
>
> and a bunch of manpages hard encoded file name and path.
>
> Fixing those is easy but to do it clean, I would have to rename them to
> something .in and that would kill the RCS history and I don't like that.
>
> The other solution would be to place some sed magic at install: time
> that is a bit more "dirty" but IMHO good enough for a temporary solution
> while we wait for a proper RCS to appear. Suggestion? Ideas?
>
> This patch can wait.. it really lands in the category of "nice to have".

I would be inclined to leave the man pages as they are, but add a
comment in them to the effect that the file might be moved if the
packages were built by hand (or something).

Anyone who changes the file location either
1) knows what they are doing or
2) is packaging, and has to take responsibility for that themselves.
(yes I know ...)

Patrick